Partick Thistle defeat Ayr x2

I stand by it.   Woody, from 1pm and from 5:00pm.     Only one or two Thistle fans talking proper football in this thread.        The rest are little pretendy-arrogant weans.    No better than the wee Twitter fandan.    Show up boys, I'm more than capable of having a conversation, especially about Thistle and relegation.

Erseholes were probably in nappies when I was holding polis dogs back at Tannadice when Thistle fans were going mental after getting relegated.      

See ye Saturday.    I'll buy the first round.

Don’t get the apathy from Ayr fans. This has been an amazing season since you just got promoted + small budget blablabla. Enjoy it while it lasts as your squad is getting poached over summer and you’ll probably be fighting relegation here if Shankland doesn’t get you promoted. 

I think that’s part of the problem. We know this is as good as it’s likely to get and we’ve absolutely blown it by being dreadful for months.

There’s no doubt the season as a whole has been a success given we’ve just come up but it’s the old Bullseye “Let’s look at what you could have won” that rankles.

Some reactions from the Ayr support this evening. You chaps have had a great season, finishing comfortably in the top four. The booing at the half time whistle was piss poor. 
Good from us. Bold team selection, excellent performances in midfield by all accounts, and some smart subs by The Heid. 
You got beat tonight by the team who will end up one place behind you in the league.

The booing was directed at Bobby Madden

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:
7 hours ago, velo army said:
Some reactions from the Ayr support this evening. You chaps have had a great season, finishing comfortably in the top four. The booing at the half time whistle was piss poor. 
Good from us. Bold team selection, excellent performances in midfield by all accounts, and some smart subs by The Heid. 
You got beat tonight by the team who will end up one place behind you in the league.

The booing was directed at Bobby Madden

Booby Midden wasnt the ref!!!

Edited by Sting777

Ayr were absolutely dreadful last night and Thistle thoroughly deserved their victory and probably should have had a couple more. Don't get me wrong, Thistle weren't the greatest either however they were still far better than us, they wanted it more and their players were first to every ball.

We created nothing, in fact I don't actually remember us having a shot on goal apart from a late effort from Calvin Miller, the players looked disinterested and certainly weren't giving their all, not to mention that they seem incapable of performing the basics such as controlling a football.

Is it tiredness ? Is it holding off for the play offs ? or is it something more sinister ??

Personally I don't think the dressing room is a happy place these days as some of the players are clearly close to snapping. I've noticed Harvie and Miller shouting at each other over the past few matches and tonight we had Mark Kerr shouting "fcuk you, ya fcukin wa**er" at a supporter after receiving a bit of abuse when he lost the ball, we then had Harvie scanning the NT looking for a guy who shouted at him to "get a grip" and generally the players just don't look happy.

I really don't know what's happened to us but apart from Liam Smith (who was outstanding last night) & Ross Doohan the rest look as if they're League 1 standard at best and are a huge way away from the levels they were at prior to Christmas. Having said that I did think Harvie also had a decent game last night but that was about it.

I also thought the referee was absolutely horrendous, however that didn't impact the result. What I would say is that his handling of the Scott McDonald situation was absolutely shocking, the boy was clearly out of it and at one point actually staggered into the Ref, however he just ignored him and jogged away. It could have been really serious.

Anyway, one to forget from an Ayr fans perspective but a great support from Thistle and hopefully they're now safe as they're an asset to this league.

52 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, Duszek said:
 Has JL been up all night, howling at the moon? That's some shift he's putting in.

Aye, however he lives thousands of miles away but is meeting everyone for a square go on Saturday in Munns

Don't worry.  I've arranged the boys and will get the FaceTime on the go.    Who doesn't want an iPad scrap? 

16 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Crashed and burned, I reckon. I'm sure he'll be back later. With a sore head...

Was it you who down voted me?   I was living on a 50.   You're first, Arny.   In fact, wee Arny might be kicking about the Woody...  

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Duszek said:
 Has JL been up all night, howling at the moon? That's some shift he's putting in.

Aye, however he lives thousands of miles away but is meeting everyone for a square go on Saturday in Munns

I heard he's looking for the b*****d who stole his pigeons.