Partick Thistle defeat Ayr x2

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Docherty, Shankland, Moore and Adams out.

McCall saying we'll be going all out to finish 3rd because the players deserve to finish the season on a high.

Cue a comfortable Partick Thistle win now that has been said.

I think I'd be giving Moff a rest also, as he's looked miles off the pace the last couple of matches.

At the moment 2nd leg against Inverness would be on Saturday until the TV schedule is announced then probably moved to the Friday night. 
Is the quarter stage shown on TV, thought it was just the semi and the final

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think I'd be giving Moff a rest also, as he's looked miles off the pace the last couple of matches.

He went off with an ice pack on his thigh the other night so I'd assume he's running with a knock. 

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:
25 minutes ago, shinglis said:
At the moment 2nd leg against Inverness would be on Saturday until the TV schedule is announced then probably moved to the Friday night. 

Is the quarter stage shown on TV, thought it was just the semi and the final

You could be right; referenced last years Tv schedule info and games moved to the Friday, but not covered on TV (odd) 

Reference: https://spfl.co.uk/news/play-off-dates-and-tv-selections

You could be right; referenced last years Tv schedule info and games moved to the Friday, but not covered on TV (odd) 
Fucking hell what a mess those fixtures are, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Friday, Thursday and Sunday. Considering the geographics of the three clubs involved in the play offs are spread all over the place the fans are going to get shafted as usual if it's like that again.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, shinglis said:

Fucking hell what a mess those fixtures are, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Friday, Thursday and Sunday. Considering the geographics of the three clubs involved in the play offs are spread all over the place the fans are going to get shafted as usual if it's like that again.

BT Sport are showing the St Mirren v Hamilton game on Monday 13th May which means the first leg of the semi final looks primed for the Tuesday night, which should allow the second leg of the QF to be played on the Saturday.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

McCall saying we'll be going all out to finish 3rd because the players deserve to finish the season on a high.

Cue a comfortable Partick Thistle win now that has been said.

No point going “all out” to finish 3rd if we get to the play-offs with a depleted squad off the back of it. I want 3rd but I’d far rather we just ensured players were fit by the time we play Caley.

0-0 draw looking good perhaps ???

"On this day: Ayr and Thistle have twice faced each other, in 1921 and 1991, with both games finishing goalless"

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Actually looking forward to this tonight. Not really expecting anything and it’s good weather for an evening game. Can’t wait.

^^^ this

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Actually looking forward to this tonight. Not really expecting anything and it’s good weather for an evening game. Can’t wait.

It's a strange one, if we start like the first 20 mins against County then we could conceivably blow Thistle away, however if we play like the 2nd half against County then we're undoubtedly in for a right good humping.

That said, if Rose & Bell are both back then we should be far more solid than Friday night.

Really no idea how it's going to go, although the Bookies don't fancy our chances much as we're now widely available at 15/8  against with Thistle 11/8 to 6/4 favs.

Who knows ??

Not got a clue what McCall does team wise tonight, I'd go for:

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Murdoch Crawford Kerr Cadden

Miller Forrest

Subs: Hare-Reid, Geggan, McDaid, Moffat, Ecrepont, McCowan, Hilton

Not really expecting anything tonight tbh, weird feeling not really having anything to play for these last few games. Just in the difficult predicament of whether to go out and try and win the last three games by playing the best possible team.

Or rotate and rest but go into the play offs on a horrendous run of form.