Partick Thistle defeat Ayr x2

Why would you want the season to be over when you have a play-off tie to look forward to?

He’s a fan of the old reverse psychology. If nothing is expected then you can’t be disappointed.

We haven't got near Inverness in any of the four games, absolutely bodied. 

We could easily have beaten them in the 0-0 game and we were down to 10 men. Even the 3-2 game we battered them whilst selling them 3 extremely soft goals. I’ve no complaints about the other 2 games.

We could probably shitfest our way past them but whether we then have enough in the tank to take on Dundee Utd I don’t know.

McCall is always desperate to tell anyone who’s willing to listen that he loves the Thistle. Time to put his money where his mouth is. Pun not intended.

He had his chance to prove his love when he was offered the job but trotted out the "don't want to replace Archie" schtick.

He'll probably go easy for one of the games but I'd imagine he'll want us to build momentum for the playoffs.

A win by two goals here takes us 6th, 6 above Falkirk with a better goal difference, with six points to play for.  Absolutely huge, hopefully the atmosphere tonight as gc talked about on jagzone has lifted them and they can push on. A win here as above puts us in a great place, lose and it’s nothing gained nothing lost and just all to fight for in the last two. 

Cannot wait either way, too much hope after that result, we’ll get pumped now. 

10 minutes ago, ptptptfc said:

A win by two goals here takes us 6th, 6 above Falkirk with a better goal difference, with six points to play for.  Absolutely huge, hopefully the atmosphere tonight as gc talked about on jagzone has lifted them and they can push on. A win here as above puts us in a great place, lose and it’s nothing gained nothing lost and just all to fight for in the last two. 

I admire your enthusiasm.

9 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I admire your enthusiasm.

I know, I only count upwards I can’t bear to look at what a loss here and on Saturday would leave us in. We have the squad on a good day to look upwards, if only the players had my belief. 

McCall is always desperate to tell anyone who’s willing to listen that he loves the Thistle. Time to put his money where his mouth is. Pun not intended.
I'm sure McCall has been on record saying his son goes to thistle matches. However, Ayr players will still want win bonuses etc

Only 5 above Falkirk.

Still a good place to be, granted.

I'm sure McCall has been on record saying his son goes to thistle matches. However, Ayr players will still want win bonuses etc

He does. His son gets on the NW supporters bus. No chance McCall will want to win both of these games. We might do our very best to lose them, though.

39 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Ayr will throw both matches against Thistle.

And the last one against Alloa as we owe them big style and also would prefer another part time team in next seasons league...............

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

And the last one against Alloa as we owe them big style and also would prefer another part time team in next seasons league...............

Don't be daft. You'll be in the Premiership next season after galloping through the play-offs on the back of the huge momentum boost from winning your final 3 league games ;)

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Don't be daft. You'll be in the Premiership next season after galloping through the play-offs on the back of the huge momentum boost from winning your final 3 league games ;)

AAH, Good point, I was forgetting about that !!

In all honesty, the players that we bring in are all of decent quality and the ones deemed as the "best eleven" has been open to interpretation all season. Shankland and Moffat have also looked done in over the past few weeks so any replacements would probably be an improvement.

I'd also reckon that the additional £75k for finishing 3rd as opposed to 4th won't have been lost on our Chairman so I really don't see us throwing anything, well, not intentionally anyway.............

On paper this is a fucking cakewalk. Fair play to Caldwell for apparently being the only man in Scottish football not to have found Ayr out yet.

Two comfortable wins will hopefully provide enough leeway to permit a bone to be thrown to Alloa in the last game if they need it.

Falkirk, Raith and Partick in League One next season will be absolutely box office.

On paper this is a fucking cakewalk. Fair play to Caldwell for apparently being the only man in Scottish football not to have found Ayr out yet.
Two comfortable wins will hopefully provide enough leeway to permit a bone to be thrown to Alloa in the last game if they need it.
Falkirk, Raith and Partick in League One next season will be absolutely box office.

Tbf we’ve not played Thistle since October and Caldwell had just got the job so I’ve no idea how this game will go. Caldwell has been at Somerset the last 2 or 3 games so I’d imagine he’ll be well prepared for this double header.

If Partick win on Tuesday I’d say that’s them safe from 10th.