Ross County v Queens

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Crazy to me that folk sitting in their house would choose to watch the second half of this game over Liverpool tbh.

As for the “double standards” with the Youth Cup Final, I guarantee more folk watched that than Ross County vs Queen of the South. Probably a lot more.

Scottish football fans watching a Scottish football game? Truly insane stuff.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good to see last night's game got us away from the tiresome ability to start a game poorly and then play positively once we go behind. Nice to know starting fairly well then disappearing in a match is in our skill set too. :(

We've been a "one good half"  team since the start of our slide down the table, usually having to step up after the break because we've lost a goal or two.   Last night was the opposite,  we played very well for 30 plus minutes,    went behind and then fell out of the game. 

As for the BBC Scotland coverage,  I agree its frustrating when they cut away for the news,  especially given the situation Ross County were in last night,  but the format of their Championship live football coverage was known since the new station started so no one should really be surprised or angry about what happened, frustrating though it must be. Maybe it wasn't the best choice of match for their Friday night game anyway knowing the potential consequences  if County drew or won and knowing they wouldn't be able to cover the presentation and "scenes". 

Firstly well done to the away support, that was some trek on a Friday night. Instead of taking the opportunity to watch the game on the TV they chose to travel to support their team-hats off to each and every one of you.

QotS were unlucky not to score last night, the long range effort which hit the woodwork summed up their luck.

We struggled to get to grips with the game initially, but once we scored I knew there would be only one outcome. The goals in the second half were well worked and in the end we ran out comfortable winners.

I thought about the difference last night between the 2 games when we have lifted the first division/championship trophy. The first time we won it the atmosphere was great. Chants of shoes off/sit down/stand up for the champions rang out interspersed with the 'posnan'. It was much flatter last night. Yes there were moments when the fans got going, but by and large it was no where near the atmosphere generated the first time .

My main gripe was why did they lift the trophy facing the west stand? Why on earth didnt they do it with their backs to the away stand so everyone could see?

Edited by silver

20 minutes ago, silver said:

My main gripe was why did they lift the trophy facing the west stand? Why on earth didnt they do it with their backs to the away stand so everyone could see?

Pointing towards the cameras.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Scottish football fans watching a Scottish football game? Truly insane stuff.

Even if I had the choice (I don't since I don't have Sky or BT) I would still pick the Scottish game every time. I don't support an English team, and whilst I do like MOTD and the EPL highlights, I'm a big fan of Scottish football in general and have interest in who wins what in England.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We've been a "one good half"  team since the start of our slide down the table, usually having to step up after the break because we've lost a goal or two.   Last night was the opposite,  we played very well for 30 plus minutes,    went behind and then fell out of the game. 

As for the BBC Scotland coverage,  I agree its frustrating when they cut away for the news,  especially given the situation Ross County were in last night,  but the format of their Championship live football coverage was known since the new station started so no one should really be surprised or angry about what happened, frustrating though it must be. Maybe it wasn't the best choice of match for their Friday night game anyway knowing the potential consequences  if County drew or won and knowing they wouldn't be able to cover the presentation and "scenes". 

As others have pointed out they delayed their bullshit news show earlier in the week for a football game

14 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Vigurs showed in his first two passes what County have missed in the last five months.  If he had played 30+ league matches the title would have been wrapped up by March.

He played a ball down the wing with his right foot which was weighted just beautifully.  

Naturally, he looks a little heavy, but he's a class above even Don Cowie, who I thought was as dominant as he's been last night.

Crazy to me that folk sitting in their house would choose to watch the second half of this game over Liverpool tbh.

As for the “double standards” with the Youth Cup Final, I guarantee more folk watched that than Ross County vs Queen of the South. Probably a lot more.

Why is it crazy to watch something you are interested in before something that you couldn't give two fcuks about