Home and away

wow-wee

the move to the new ground in kilwinning will allow the buffs to grow, okay it doesnt have the pubs etc on top of it but its on a main bus route, has plenty of parking and probably has more fans within a 5 minute walk than abbey park... football moves on, the fans should do so too... if the buffs could have raised the 100k to stay at abbey park then they would have done so years ago, some might say a former chairman could have rebuilt the ground with his small change but he chose not to do so, tough titties, it was his cash...... hope it works out and the moaners use their free bus passes on the no11

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

An extremely strange idea of how to go about things. There must have been a ringleader who came up with it and the rest of them spun their copter hats in agreement.

Yeah, it's bizarre when you look at it from outside...a section of the support refusing to go back but still hanging around away games like a bad smell just so they can bore people about how pissed off they still are.

And pissed off about what exactly? That an area of the town they're moving to hasn't sufficiently paid its dues yet to be considered part of the place because it's only been there for 50 years?

Wee towns in Scotland are weird.

I suspect as said earlier it is down to a handful of old boys full of wind, piss and their own importance who've carried others with them with their sense of outrage...most of these risible rebels will probably slink back eventually, although there no doubt will be a few sufficiently bitter that they'll chuck it altogether.

An extremely strange idea of how to go about things. There must have been a ringleader who came up with it and the rest of them spun their copter hats in agreement.

Indeed. In fact,I don't think it'll come as too much of a surprise if we later learn that these guys have aligned themselves with the AFEG (Auchinleck Flat Earth Group),jimbo. :huh:

As for the hats,well,if they're wearing the Noogler Beanie model then it's hard to be too critical as that's some really cool headwear.:)

22 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Indeed. In fact,I don't think it'll come as too much of a surprise if we later learn that these guys have aligned themselves with the AFEG (Auchinleck Flat Earth Group),jimbo. :huh:

As for the hats,well,if they're wearing the Noogler Beanie model then it's hard to be too critical as that's some really cool headwear.:)

Haha. Great innit? The colours set it off.

23 hours ago, tommyboy said:

I take it the Auchinleck flat Earth group have never visited Beiths ground.

Haha. Great innit? The colours set it off.

The colours really are the finishing touch. But,and here's the really clever stuff..because the Noogler enjoys an inner padding that its rivals don't have, it means that even when on full spin mode,it will cause minimal trauma to your napper. And,jist when you think it can't get much better,set the rotor to half speed and you'll enjoy a relaxing heid massage! :thumsup2

Social media,electric cars and the Noogler...whit a time to be alive jimbo! :)

43 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

The colours really are the finishing touch. But,and here's the really clever stuff..because the Noogler enjoys an inner padding that its rivals don't have, it means that even when on full spin mode,it will cause minimal trauma to your napper. And,jist when you think it can't get much better,set the rotor to half speed and you'll enjoy a relaxing heid massage! :thumsup2

Social media,electric cars and the Noogler...whit a time to be alive jimbo! :)

Your knowledge of copter hats is impressive, Thomas. You'll be telling me about the impressive carriages and caboose on the 15.15. from Queen street next.

32 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Your knowledge of copter hats is impressive, Thomas. You'll be telling me about the impressive carriages and caboose on the 15.15. from Queen street next.

Nah,you're off the track there bud as,unlike Johnny,I don't have a thing about trains. :(

have the buffs thought of a name for the new ground yet, you cant call it kilwinning sports club stadium or pennyburn park,  why not name it after a prominent buffy or native of kilwinkieland, cant call it new abbey park as new abbey is a place in dumfries and galloway...... 

6 minutes ago, wintonfan said:

have the buffs thought of a name for the new ground yet, you cant call it kilwinning sports club stadium or pennyburn park,  why not name it after a prominent buffy or native of kilwinkieland, cant call it new abbey park as new abbey is a place in dumfries and galloway...... 

How about the Robert Service Stadium after the guy who became known as the Canadian Kipling and whose world wide renown may well attract some extra visitors to the ground.

Jist sayin...:)

13 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

How about the Robert Service Stadium after the guy who became known as the Canadian Kipling and whose world wide renown may well attract some extra visitors to the ground.

Good shout there Tommy think he was born in kilwinning there's a place called Robert service court in the town as for a name I would just call it the buffs park even though it will take years to stop calling it pennyburn  force of habit as that what it was always called

14 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Good shout there Tommy think he was born in kilwinning there's a place called Robert service court in the town as for a name I would just call it the buffs park even though it will take years to stop calling it pennyburn  force of habit as that what it was always called

His old man was a Kilwinning guy and Robert was said to have written his first verse there at the age of six!

Dan McGrew was my party piece at one time.:)

Edited by tommyboy

A lovely wee village it is as well.

13 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Why name a stadium after a baker?

Why not call it the ' Abbey away alliance arena' 

That means the buffs fans who only go to away games would then go to home games as they sound like away  games but in keeping in touch with the away games only theme would turn them back into home fans  :unsure2:

Edited by ThemightyHERTHA

32 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Why not call it the ' Abbey away alliance arena' 

That means the buffs fans who only go to away games would then go to home games as they sound like away  games but in keeping in touch with the away games only theme would turn them back into home fans  :unsure2:

image.jpeg

I don't think they can change the name. My son plays there on a regular basis and this move is being promoted as Kilwinning Juniors are joining the Kilwinning Sports Club. Whats right or wrong with this move is up to the guys at Kilwinning, but what I will say is the pitch they will play on will never create the atmosphere or feeling of a good Junior ground, and if this was my team, that would make me feel sad.

We all comment on plastic pitches and what that is doing to the game - this move to me is similar in terms of the matches it will create. 

1 hour ago, DavidK said:

I don't think they can change the name. My son plays there on a regular basis and this move is being promoted as Kilwinning Juniors are joining the Kilwinning Sports Club. Whats right or wrong with this move is up to the guys at Kilwinning, but what I will say is the pitch they will play on will never create the atmosphere or feeling of a good Junior ground, and if this was my team, that would make me feel sad.

We all comment on plastic pitches and what that is doing to the game - this move to me is similar in terms of the matches it will create. 

What are plastic pitches doing to the game? for some, it seems to be the go to reason when looking to find blame for something.  Atmosphere isn't created by pitches, they haven't even moved in yet.

Good luck to Kilwinning Rangers in their move to new facilities.