Home and away

wow-wee

Today our committee gave  the fans an update on our new park is doing and after visiting it this week I can see it's eventually going to look good over a period off time but to other fans it will look very basic to begin with.

The main topic is some of our fans not sure how many have not been attending home games since the decision to move to ksc was made and have been going to away games only. Next season when we move a few have stated they will only attend away games only and will never watch the buffs at our new ground to me this seems very childish and narrow minded you can't claim to support any club if you don't attend home games you are supporting the away team every time as you are funding them and not funding your own team .when the buffs score or win how can you celebrate it seems two faced what these fans are hoping to achieve is beyond me if your not happy with what's happened at the club and you feel so strongly about what's happened then in my opinion why go to the game.

Just now, .Stuart. said:

Surely taking that stance is just harming their own club. Absolutely daft.

Absolutely Stuart that means when we play you guys they will have given you more money than there own club I just dont get what they hope to achieve or what the end game is

Guest Mick Kennedy
22 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Today our committee gave  the fans an update on our new park is doing and after visiting it this week I can see it's eventually going to look good over a period off time but to other fans it will look very basic to begin with.

The main topic is some of our fans not sure how many have not been attending home games since the decision to move to ksc was made and have been going to away games only. Next season when we move a few have stated they will only attend away games only and will never watch the buffs at our new ground to me this seems very childish and narrow minded you can't claim to support any club if you don't attend home games you are supporting the away team every time as you are funding them and not funding your own team .when the buffs score or win how can you celebrate it seems two faced what these fans are hoping to achieve is beyond me if your not happy with what's happened at the club and you feel so strongly about what's happened then in my opinion why go to the game.

Good luck with the move, I’m sure If everyone pulls together and works together yous can build the ground to be a new home. Not everyone likes change I suppose but surely they will come round and realise yous will be stronger, united together off and on the park. I hope the future brings everyone back together fir next season. 

1 minute ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Good luck with the move, I’m sure If everyone pulls together and works together yous can build the ground to be a new home. Not everyone likes change I suppose but surely they will come round and realise yous will be stronger, united together off and on the park. I hope the future brings everyone back together fir next season. 

Thanks for the kind words mick no one likes change I would rather have stayed at Abbey park but it has gone to far so we must embrace the new . Ps good luck to you and darvel and forget about the haters .

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So they want to weaken their team by providing more money to opposition teams? Interesting flex. Lets see how this plays out.

Interesting indeed that's like the bankies fans saying we're not going back to holm park because there's an astro pitch there

Guest Mick Kennedy
14 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Thanks for the kind words mick no one likes change I would rather have stayed at Abbey park but it has gone to far so we must embrace the new . Ps good luck to you and darvel and forget about the haters .

Cheers mate 

Maybe I'm wrong, but as an outsider there seem to be some weird small-town politics going on down there with various factions sniping at each other.

It's not like the Buffs are planning to relocate to another town like an NFL franchise - they're literally moving fifteen or twenty minutes' walk away from Abbey Park.

I'm unclear - is there a genuine issue behind the opposition to the move, or is it just down to one faction not getting the result they wanted vis a vis staying at Abbey Park and spitting out the dummy?

22 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but as an outsider there seem to be some weird small-town politics going on down there with various factions sniping at each other.

It's not like the Buffs are planning to relocate to another town like an NFL franchise - they're literally moving fifteen or twenty minutes' walk away from Abbey Park.

I'm unclear - is there a genuine issue behind the opposition to the move, or is it just down to one faction not getting the result they wanted vis a vis staying at Abbey Park and spitting out the dummy?

Yes there is a section that didn't get the vote that they wanted and have spat the dummy out and like me Abbey park is the only ground we know but needs must and that's why we're moving.The other thing here in kilwinning is the pennyburn area of the town some people dont class it as being in kilwinning as when it was built in the 70s it was part of the new town for the so called Glasgow overspill which over the years resulted in territorial fighting so now in 2019 this mentality still exists with some and it's the pennyburn area where the new ground is.

2 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Yes there is a section that didn't get the vote that they wanted and have spat the dummy out and like me Abbey park is the only ground we know but needs must and that's why we're moving.The other thing here in kilwinning is the pennyburn area of the town some people dont class it as being in kilwinning as when it was built in the 70s it was part of the new town for the so called Glasgow overspill which over the years resulted in territorial fighting so now in 2019 this mentality still exists with some and it's the pennyburn area where the new ground is.

I've been down to see a game there and from what I remember it's definitely in Kilwinning...biggest clue is it being called Kilwinning Sports Centre :)

As I thought - it's the kind of parochial spat that probably seems a huge deal to folk from the town, but seems laughable to anyone outside it....good luck with the move when it happens though.

4 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I've been down to see a game there and from what I remember it's definitely in Kilwinning...biggest clue is it being called Kilwinning Sports Centre :)

As I thought - it's the kind of parochial spat that probably seems a huge deal to folk from the town, but seems laughable to anyone outside it....good luck with the move when it happens though.

Cheers and as you say it's called kilwinning sports club and its not even on the edge of the border at stevenston it's well within the town.

6 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Erm,...you do realise that its not actually compulsory for them to go at all ?...

Some of the comments above are likely to just polarise their opinion further if they feel unwanted at the new place.

No it's not compulsory for any one people can do what they want or go where they want , but what I'm saying is can you call yourself a supporter of any club if you only go to away games.As for not being made welcome why would they not be welcome ?

As with any change there will be for and against it! It is inevitable that those that do not like it will be upset and make comments in the heat of the moment. Some, probably very few will stick to there guns and not go to the new park.

They are the ones that are losing out as there is every chance this is where not only did the watch their team but they met up with friends that they have had for years.

Let the team do the talking, if they put on some good shows hopefully they will come to there senses and go and support the club.