Sign in to follow this  
Ludo*1

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its worth mentioning its 9 years since Strachan was involved at club level, and 10 since he managed in Scottish football, hes never managed in the Scottish second tier.

There has to be questions about how much knowledge he has of what it takes to get promoted.

I reckon even the least experienced person would know that it takes winning games and getting more points than anyone else to get promoted. 

1 minute ago, Raise High The Roof Beams said:

Not meaning to be too much of a dour face with our prospects but wholeheartedly have to agree with this. Strachan has unfortunately had little to do with club football since his abject showing at Middlesbrough trusting the ilk of Kris Boyd to do the job down south.

Has only really operated within Celtic as a Scottish club so I don’t really know if he’s got that knowledge of the Scottish game to make as much of an impact as is being touted on here.

I’ll still support McPake though; could be our own coming of Alex Neil but we have just got to wait and see! The way we performed in the Livingston game was of such a more disciplined and hard working nature than we had seen for most of the season so if that could be repeated then that could be great. Other than that who the f**k knows how this could go.

McIntyre was in charge for the Livingston game...

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its worth mentioning its 9 years since Strachan was involved at club level, and 10 since he managed in Scottish football, hes never managed in the Scottish second tier.

It's worth mentioning that you often begin a post with "it's worth mentioning" despite the fact what you actually post is very rarely worth mentioning.

James McPake :lol:

Enjoy the Championship, lads. You might be there a while.

Lolz

28 minutes ago, Darren said:

I think they'll do the double. 

Double-down. 

Some of the patter on this thread, oft.

2 hours ago, Darren said:

This is just a hunch, and I could be wrong, but I'm going to go baws oot here and say this post is based entirely on the fact that McPake used to play for Hibs and, like everyone else on here, you have literally no idea how he will fare as a manager. 

I'm happy to stand corrected. 

Thank you. 

James McPake

August 2013, Robbie Neilson was the u20 Hearts Development Coach. He was then promoted to Hearts Manager May 2014.

This didn't happen ?

If you give young managers the right support they can get the job done in the championship. Robbie Neilson at Hearts, Stevie Ferguson and Stuart Kettlewell at Ross County, Derek McInnes at St Johnstone being relatively recent examples. All first time managers who won the league at a bit of a canter. 

It's a gamble but McPake has been at the club a while and will have a fair idea which players he can trust and which ones he can't. 

Wont stop me having a good old chuckle if he fails miserably mind.

I'm looking forward to the Dundee/Dundee United money muscle flexing next season like we did this season with the Ross County/Dundee United one.

Both of them going for the same players will be interesting

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm looking forward to the Dundee/Dundee United money muscle flexing next season like we did this season with the Ross County/Dundee United one.

Both of them going for the same players will be interesting

I will laugh my fucking tits off if we beat Utd to the signing of Lee Wallace. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I will laugh my fucking tits off if we beat Utd to the signing of Lee Wallace. 

Signing for Cove Rangers or Kelty Hearts IMO.

I believe United's new owner has a fair bit more money than Dundee's current owners. 

If Dundee win the League McPake should be expecting offers from top 6 Premiership teams imo. 

Not going to happen. 

McPake will have had a really good season if top 4 is achieved. 

Especially replacing the 'class of 2018/2019' players. 

3 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

I believe United's new owner has a fair bit more money than Dundee's current owners. 

You believe wrongly. The Keyes family are stupid rich.

You believe wrongly. The Keyes family are stupid rich.
This. James Keyes took a wee company to become a Fortune Global 500 company (I.e. in the top 500 largest businesses in the world).

The wealth is always a bit obscured but I wouldn't be surprised if we have the richest owners in Scottish Football. All that matters is how much they will give though and they've been very generous so far.

United's owner isn't poor but he's nowhere near that sort of wealth.

24 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

I believe the word you were looking for was guess

28 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Stupid, certainly.

I bow down to your superior experience in that field.