Ludo*1

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I know his brother, Ricoh.

My long held dream is for Bruce Rioch and Bruce Arena to manage two teams in a game at the Ricoh Arena.

44 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

My long held dream is for Bruce Rioch and Bruce Arena to manage two teams in a game at the Ricoh Arena.

Half-time performance by Tina Arena?

Charlie Adam has always struck me as a bit thick. I’m not saying you need to be Mensa boy to manage successfully but you need some intelligence for sure.

Really? I’ve always been quite surprise at how relatively well spoken he sounds.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Evening Tele running with the headline that Kenny Shiels is in the running for the Dundee job.

Doesn't he spend most of his games as manager watching from the stands due to many different touchline bans.

I think he was also in charge of MorTEN when they laid down to Scamilton 10-2 in a very, very, very, very, very 'strange' match!

Can I go ahead and speak for most Dees on this one - it'll be a big no for me!

17 hours ago, srw said:

If we were to down the DoF route, and I believe we absolutely should.

Id be delighted with ex SFA Chief Executive Gordon Smith, I cant see us getting him though. I heard him being interviewed about his time in the game, and thought he came across brilliantly, which was very surprising.

Gordon Smith is an imbecile and would be a dreadful appointment for any club. I wouldn't even wish him on Dundee.

Over 100 managers have taken an interest. Surely out of more than 100 we will be fine ?

The "toxic feeling" started long before the losing streak, John. 

Anybody with half a fucking clue about football knew Jim McIntyre was not the right appointment. 

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Over 100 managers have taken an interest. Surely out of more than 100 we will be fine ?

No when John Hughes has hit the submit button 99 times.

19 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Appoint them all, form a parliament of managers. Make it ridiculously complicated, Synecdoche, New York-style.

Well, except Charlie Adam I guess. Probably not interested in anything other than player-manager, and Nelms has ruled this out.

https://twitter.com/TeamDeeUK/status/1128296770965069824?s=19

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Out of curiosity, what do we make of Billy Davies? Plenty of experience with success at a high level, but a notorious reputation in England and lengthy time out of the game limiting his opportunities, though this would likely benefit us in our chances of getting him, should he and we be interested. Worth a punt?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I look forward to seeing Kenny Shiels mewling about how he was overlooked.

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Out of curiosity, what do we make of Billy Davies? Plenty of experience with success at a high level, but a notorious reputation in England and lengthy time out of the game limiting his opportunities, though this would likely benefit us in our chances of getting him, should we be interested. Worth a punt?

He's a bit mental, but we'd be mad not to take on someone of his calibre if he wanted it.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Gordon Smith is an imbecile and would be a dreadful appointment for any club. I wouldn't even wish him on Dundee.

That’s a fair assessment, I’ve always thought that as well to be honest. But in this interview, I thought he spoke very well about the game. 

Its never going to happen anyway. 

Edited by srw

Out of curiosity, what do we make of Billy Davies? Plenty of experience with success at a high level, but a notorious reputation in England and lengthy time out of the game limiting his opportunities, though this would likely benefit us in our chances of getting him, should he and we be interested. Worth a punt?
Any excuse to link this

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi_39KjrZviAhWKyKQKHTybAFQQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffootball%2F2017%2Fsep%2F09%2Fbilly-davies-nottingham-forest-derby-county-no-job-smear-campaign&psig=AOvVaw0W3qohCELQ8f-rv19Yee_c&ust=1557934732228249

Screenshot_20190514-155302_McBookie.thumb.jpg.6c0a45a3c434046817ae4cd53b63b009.jpg

For the job at hand I'd actually take Derek Adams out of that list. Maybe his Dad can be DoF?