Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

No way will Miller get the job full time. 

I believe that he genuinely expects it and the stories are coming from his side, usually our owners are very quiet and don't let things leak on their end.

Hopefully he struts into Dens expecting to be taking over the team and then gets a bang in the puss from McPake.

Kenny Miller's not exactly shy about leaking stories to the press and he's 100% enough of a snake to have been having a word in Nelms' ear behind McIntyre's back the past few weeks. The only real surprise is it's not Keith Jackson with the 'exclusive'.

It's pretty easy to see how it could be spun and how it could be sold to Nelms/Keyes. He's already on the payroll. He's a 'high profile' name who knows the club and has been 'on the ground' so has an idea of where things have been going wrong.

He's 'played at the highest level' and worked with 'top managers'. In terms of recruitment the gamble they'd be taking is that Miller's profile would be a bigger draw for players to Dens than McIntyre was or the other realistic options who'd put their names forward.

They'd be as well just announcing him now IMO.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, gregteamdee said:

Euan  Mcarthur from The Scotsman running with the names mentioned by Thomson & Stewart on last nights Sportscene......

Lazy journalism.

44 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If it's Goodwin you're after, you might have to wait a few weeks yet - he'll be hanging on to see if the job he really wants is coming available this summer.

Goodwin would run to Dens in barefoot over hot coals all the way from Alloa to take over the big chair at Dens. 

42 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Kenny Miller's not exactly shy about leaking stories to the press and he's 100% enough of a snake to have been having a word in Nelms' ear behind McIntyre's back the past few weeks. The only real surprise is it's not Keith Jackson with the 'exclusive'.

It's pretty easy to see how it could be spun and how it could be sold to Nelms/Keyes. He's already on the payroll. He's a 'high profile' name who knows the club and has been 'on the ground' so has an idea of where things have been going wrong.

He's 'played at the highest level' and worked with 'top managers'. In terms of recruitment the gamble they'd be taking is that Miller's profile would be a bigger draw for players to Dens than McIntyre was or the other realistic options who'd put their names forward.

They'd be as well just announcing him now IMO.

There is logic in it but I think it only works if you're a complete moron.

The next Dundee manager will have to recruit 10-15 players this summer, that could be committing the club to near 7 figures of spending dependent on the distribution of 1-2 year contracts. They will be conscious about the money they've lost due to poor management decisions and it really doesn't make any financial sense to give someone the ability to make those decisions simply because they are at the club and have been good at football once.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miller has been working on getting this and trying to put the pressure on but like you say, he's a total snake and his behavioral patterns are well known by now.  He's not been given the job to act as a caretaker in the next week and I could really see a great betrayal which leads to him leaving the club in the next few days. I think the Americans were very naive with McCann (and I'd say that they were justified in approaching McIntyre, despite how it worked out) but their wallets have been hit hard and that's the one thing that does alter decision making.

i'd be hanging on and seeing what happens to jack ross if sunderland don't go up....he'd probably be looking at a bigger gig than us but you never know you don't ask you don't get.
Even if JR does get sacked i think he'd plan his next club very carefully and I don't think he'd jump straight back in. He is a smart guy.

No offence but Dundee are a bit basket case just now, especially in the Championship, i think he'd more likely wait till November time when sacking season normally begins.

Or if McInnes leaves Aberdeen ect. As i said, thats if he even gets sacked.

Even if JR does get sacked i think he'd plan his next club very carefully and I don't think he'd jump straight back in. He is a smart guy.

No offence but Dundee are a bit basket case just now, especially in the Championship, i think he'd more likely wait till November time when sacking season normally begins.

There is no way in hell Sunderland will bin him you mad

Just now, weetoonlad said:
25 minutes ago, sergie said:

There is no way in hell Sunderland will bin him you mad

Why wouldn't they? If they don't go up he's under performed significantly. Most of his signings have failed.