• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Ludo*1

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

• James McPake
    • Kenny Miller
    • Ian McCall
    • Jim Duffy
    • Paul Hartley
    • Morten Weighorst
    • Jim Goodwin
    • John Hughes
    • Stuart McCall
    • David Hopkin
    • Alan Archibald
    • Jocky Scott
    • Temuri Ketsbaia
    • Archie Knox
    • Barry Smith

Jim McAlister. Player/Manager. 

100% win percentage so far. 

Unfortunately it’s very rare for a team going down to bounce straight back up. All potential candidates know this and they must also know that failure to come back up will probably mean they will be sacked. If you were smart and wanted the job, then the start of the 2020 or 2021 season would be the time to sign on. 
I think the board might agree that an immediate return is unlikely and will budget and choose a manager accordingly. It might be cheaper long term to stick with the current management team and let them take all the fall for not going up next season - as long as they put the foundations in by blooding some young players, then it might be we start 2021 with some momentum.
you also have to remember that the board want us to play attractive football, whatever that is. I’m not sure that that is the style that is needed to get us promoted from the Championship and maybe they have to fail again before they realize it. 
Hard times ahead, but surely it’s what we all want deep down inside. Finishing 5th or 6th every year and getting beat in cup semi-finals would bore the pants of me. 

Why is there a high percentage of glory hunters in this country? Because the cheeks have won the most overall.

Plenty of kids now going about in man city tops... because they are winning (albeit with some stylish play).

For us cup semi finals every year for the next 7 years= more money and something to look forward to instead of the likes of this season where we were pumped in all cup competitions from teams from the championship and when teams from our own league came to town we bent over and gave them the keys to dens and jockey’s jet pack.

Just my opinion of course however i think our board need to get a director of football, a new team completely and someone who can motivate players to win and play for the shirt instead of “the players are a bit low this week and I’ve given them some time in their safe space (fortnite, nightclubs and extra days off).”

*breathes*

Our next manager will be Randomguy and Granny Danger if Nelms is still at the helm! And reads these forums.

How about Petrie as new manager? The bloke in charge at Montrose.

Time to get serious now.

I can’t think of a single realistic candidate I’d like!

I have a sneaky feeling it'll be Jim Goodwin for some reason.

I have a sneaky feeling it'll be Jim Goodwin for some reason.

Wouldn’t surprise me.

As I’ve said for years I’d like us to give Ian McCall a chance. Possibly with Ayr collapsing at the end of this season he’ll feel his work is done there.

Not sure how people would feel about peter Houston? Alan Archibald? I don’t see us bringing in a big name to be honest. Stuart McCall could be a good shout

Be interesting to see how Nelms sells this. He made a fairly big thing of the 300 games experience etc... last time round and then emphasised it again in the recent statement. 

How does it look on him if he then appoints Goodwin, or whoever?

Not saying what the right approach is but when you set out your criteria so openly then you arguably just create problems for yourself, especially when the knifes are out anyway. 

Using the criteria, you are surely looking at guys like Ian McCall? Does his win percentage stack up? 

Wouldn’t surprise me.

As I’ve said for years I’d like us to give Ian McCall a chance. Possibly with Ayr collapsing at the end of this season he’ll feel his work is done there.

Judging by his post match comments after the game I don’t think he’ll leave.

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Be interesting to see how Nelms sells this. He made a fairly big thing of the 300 games experience etc... last time round and then emphasised it again in the recent statement. 

How does it look on him if he then appoints Goodwin, or whoever?

Not saying what the right approach is but when you set out your criteria so openly then you arguably just create problems for yourself, especially when the knifes are out anyway. 

Using the criteria, you are surely looking at guys like Ian McCall? Does his win percentage stack up? 

"Experience of Scottish football" and "won a trophy" seemed to be the criteria. 

Only one standout candidate. 

5cd80cf32ff8d_imageproxy(1).jpeg.a451d3726d41e34dc3fd26a912a74417.jpeg

I'd take George Burley if he wanted it. Meant to be a good manager (exc. Scotland era), Hartley rated him whilst at Hearts saying his training was first class and has lots of contacts. 

Goodwin, Wieghorst or Stuart McCall for me. 

I hope it's not Alan Stubbs, Gary Locke or Kenny Miller. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Martin Canning is your man.

Ludo is convinced we'll live to regret sacking him.

You will if you go down.

There's no danger we should be getting rid of Jim McIntyre to replace him with Ian McCall. 

I don't care what previous criteria Nelms has said is required, I want someone fresh.

Right Nelms, these fvckers are a definite no, OK

• Kenny Miller
  • John Hughes
  • Alan Archibald
  • Peter Houston
  • Jim Duffy
  • Any ex Utd player or manager, they are simply not wanted

Jonatan Johansson and assistant Peter Houston

You heard it here first 

Ray McKinnon roulette anyone?