Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, Dariusz said:

Also, if 2 on the short list have no managerial experience, makes you wonder who were the rest of the '100' that applied!

Did anyone else hear about the Serie A winner that applied? 

Guest gregteamdee

Scott Gardiner is the ICT CEO now. 

I'm taking that statement from them with a pinch of salt personally. 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Robert Thomson of The Sun (Who is usually spot on tbf) saying that the final shortlist is:

Jim Goodwin
James McPake
Derek Adams
John Roberton
Kenny Miller.

That's the order I'd want them in as well.

An uninspiring list that surely. A rookie with one goodish season, a complete novice, a genuine nutter, and Kenny Miller.

To be 100% clear, this approach from Dundee FC was entirely unsolicited and given that it was less than 24 hours after a draining Premiership Play-Off Semi- Final defeat, entirely unwelcome.

What timeframe would ICT deem acceptable for a club to approach a manager after a game? It's not as if Nelms walked up to the dugout at full-time in their game to ask him FFS.  The season's over and teams are preparing for next season, cuntos. Deal with it. 

An uninspiring list that surely. A rookie with one goodish season, a complete novice, a genuine nutter, and Kenny Miller.

I have no idea about James McPake, and I wouldn’t want Kenny Miller anywhere near my club, but the rest is a pretty strong short list for a Championship club that needs completely gutted.

Of course Dundee go ahead and tap up one of the candidates and it all looks rather shambolic, but there are some decent choices. Derek Adams is far from a nutter; he just has no people skills at all.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I have no idea about James McPake, and I wouldn’t want Kenny Miller anywhere near my club, but the rest is a pretty strong short list for a Championship club that needs completely gutted.

Of course Dundee go ahead and tap up one of the candidates and it all looks rather shambolic, but there are some decent choices. Derek Adams is far from a nutter; he just has no people skills at all.

To me Adams has always been a lower level Lennon.

Can come in, his attitude inspires improvements in the first year, but by 18 months hes fallen out with half the club and the players have turned.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Derek Adams absolutely skelped the Championship with one of the biggest winning margins in recent history.

Jim Goodwin had 2 good seasons IMO.

Robertson Meh.

The other 2 would be a terrible choice IMO. 

Although I am not disagreeing that Derek Adams is a sociopath, he definitely is. 

If he was free at the time Canning got sacked he would have been my first choice. 

Edited by Im_Rodger

Apparently Adams starts off as a good manager and gradually over time his team turns against him regardless of results I imagine hear a bit of a c**t , if probably give him a year rolling contract so that he improves but doesn’t infect the teams with his pish

23 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Have ICT only had 3 club statements?

Compare that to the mighty Sevco, for whom the latest I can find on the club site is https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-89, although that dates back to July last year so there must have been a few more since.

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Apparently Adams starts off as a good manager and gradually over time his team turns against him regardless of results I imagine hear a bit of a c**t , if probably give him a year rolling contract so that he improves but doesn’t infect the teams with his pish

I remember hearing in Dingwall, quite clearly, over the radio, Jocky threatening to punch Derek Adams' pus if he didn't 'shut the f**k up' to which Derek Adams just went silent. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I remember hearing in Dingwall, quite clearly, over the radio, Jocky threatening to punch Derek Adams' pus if he didn't 'shut the f**k up' to which Derek Adams just went silent. 

One of the most important factors to consider when hiring a new manager should be that they ken wha's in cherge. I'm coming around to Adams, personally.

35 minutes ago, nsr said:

Have ICT only had 3 club statements?

Compare that to the mighty Sevco, for whom the latest I can find on the club site is https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-89, although that dates back to July last year so there must have been a few more since.

Yeah we don't release many.  We don't really hear from the club unless they're wanting money from us, or banning fans from the ground.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah we don't release many.  We don't really hear from the club unless they're wanting money from us, or banning fans from the ground.

That's gonna change now you have Scot Gardiner. Not the banning fans part, mind you. 

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Clearly where @Dee Man got his attitude AND looks from.

The evidence is stacking up now.