Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Darren said:

James McPake :lol:

Enjoy the Championship, lads. You might be there a while.

This is just a hunch, and I could be wrong, but I'm going to go baws oot here and say this post is based entirely on the fact that McPake used to play for Hibs and, like everyone else on here, you have literally no idea how he will fare as a manager. 

I'm happy to stand corrected. 

Thank you. 

If you give young managers the right support they can get the job done in the championship. Robbie Neilson at Hearts, Stevie Ferguson and Stuart Kettlewell at Ross County, Derek McInnes at St Johnstone being relatively recent examples. All first time managers who won the league at a bit of a canter. 

It's a gamble but McPake has been at the club a while and will have a fair idea which players he can trust and which ones he can't. 

Wont stop me having a good old chuckle if he fails miserably mind.

I'm looking forward to the Dundee/Dundee United money muscle flexing next season like we did this season with the Ross County/Dundee United one.

Both of them going for the same players will be interesting

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm looking forward to the Dundee/Dundee United money muscle flexing next season like we did this season with the Ross County/Dundee United one.

Both of them going for the same players will be interesting

I will laugh my fucking tits off if we beat Utd to the signing of Lee Wallace. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I will laugh my fucking tits off if we beat Utd to the signing of Lee Wallace. 

Signing for Cove Rangers or Kelty Hearts IMO.

I believe United's new owner has a fair bit more money than Dundee's current owners. 

If Dundee win the League McPake should be expecting offers from top 6 Premiership teams imo. 

Not going to happen. 

McPake will have had a really good season if top 4 is achieved. 

Especially replacing the 'class of 2018/2019' players. 

3 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

I believe United's new owner has a fair bit more money than Dundee's current owners. 

You believe wrongly. The Keyes family are stupid rich.

You believe wrongly. The Keyes family are stupid rich.
This. James Keyes took a wee company to become a Fortune Global 500 company (I.e. in the top 500 largest businesses in the world).

The wealth is always a bit obscured but I wouldn't be surprised if we have the richest owners in Scottish Football. All that matters is how much they will give though and they've been very generous so far.

United's owner isn't poor but he's nowhere near that sort of wealth.

How anyone can slag or slate the appointment of James McPake, with Andy O'Boyle as first team coach, Jimmy Nicholl as assistant and Gordon Strachan as overseer beats me. That's a massive coup for a side heading into the second tier of Scottish football. 

I'm delighted with it! Whether it actually works or not is a totally different matter but on paper it's as good as we can expect! 

I'm delighted with Nelms outing Scot Gardiner as talking shite once again as well. That's spectacular stuff.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Excellent. Hope the c**t got sacked. 

He did. 

Imagine saying, 'Heard you put in a bad tackle' to someone as their livelihood is over and indeed, at that point, his ability to walk was in question. 

16 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Daughters a 'Wid'. 

1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

:lol: