Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it was a choice between Goodwin as manager or Strachan as an advisor, I'm picking the auld racist every day of the week.

It's a big bonus that the head coach will be someone who loves the club and will be receptive to Strachan.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sick, tired, pissed off, humiliated, unsurprised, baffled, resigned, miserable.

Quite the gammet of emotions in 5 minutes.

I will support James McPake unquestionably, I think he's a great guy and could one day be an incredible coach, hopefully even one right out of the gate. No matter what happens, he will have my respect. Regardless of all this though, this feels like the final nail in the coffin. Years of shit after shit and finally the board are given a clean slate, an opportunity to try and start again, to maybe have some success... and they've scared off every viable candidate and are putting their trust and their money into a complete unknown for the position... again. Tinpot, tinpot, tinpot. I so hope I am wrong, but right now, this is embarrassing.

A bit dramatic IMO Rossco.

Just now, Louis Litt said:

A bit dramatic IMO Rossco.

You're right. What's the point of even caring? If we get Strachan as an advisor, it'll still be promising. It just feels like nothing ever improves, and I've had a rough day already.

Goodwin was involved in coaching when we got relegated under the clusterfuck that was Tommy Craig.  He saw first hand how Ian Murray stuffed up at Saint, found the job too challenging and couldn't rebuild us having made the jump from part time team. Perhaps Goodwin is weary of that.

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sick, tired, pissed off, humiliated, unsurprised, baffled, resigned, miserable.

Quite the gammet of emotions in 5 minutes.

I will support James McPake unquestionably, I think he's a great guy and could one day be an incredible coach, hopefully even one right out of the gate. No matter what happens, he will have my respect. Regardless of all this though, this feels like the final nail in the coffin. Years of shit after shit and finally the board are given a clean slate, an opportunity to try and start again, to maybe have some success... and they've scared off every viable candidate and are putting their trust and their money into a complete unknown for the position... again. Tinpot, tinpot, tinpot. I so hope I am wrong, but right now, this is embarrassing.

Turned into a member of the FollowFollow forum for a minute, I must apologise. Nobody should ever be like that.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You're right. What's the point of even caring? If we get Strachan as an advisor, it'll still be promising. It just feels like nothing ever improves, and I've had a rough day already.

Wait until its revealed you rejected Goodwin to choose Strachan, then Strachan decides he cant be arsed :lol:

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Wait until its revealed you rejected Goodwin to choose Strachan, then Strachan decides he cant be arsed :lol:

You just read my mind. Just giving up before it actually happens at this point.

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Strachan to do the signings and mcpake to do as he is telt.
Aye f**k it lets go for it.

Sounds about right. 

I reckon Nelms has been spooked by the last two managers inability to sign a balanced and competent squad, has told Goodwin he wouldn't be getting 100% control over signings, Goodwin hasn't fancied that and declined the offer. McPake would probably be grateful of the help and is right up for it. 

That's my guess. 

Strachan apparently agreed over a week ago but hasn't been announced due to seeing what managers were willing to work with just a 'coaching' remit. 

Edit : Just read the Dundee thread and it's been alluded to there already. Derrrderrrrrr. 

Edited by Dele

Just now, Dele said:

Strachan apparently agreed over a week ago but hasn't been announced due to seeing what managers were willing to work with just a 'coaching' remit. 

So basically we are getting our version of Craig Levein with Robbie Neilson at Hearts which absolutely destroyed the league we are headed to.

We are getting a better version of Craig Levein in Strachan and McPake doesn't seem to be the personality vacuum that Neilson is either.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So basically we are getting our version of Craig Levein with Robbie Neilson at Hearts which absolutely destroyed the league we are headed to.

We are getting a better version of Craig Levein in Strachan and McPake doesn't seem to be the personality vacuum that Neilson is either.

Its worth mentioning its 9 years since Strachan was involved at club level, and 10 since he managed in Scottish football, hes never managed in the Scottish second tier.

There has to be questions about how much knowledge he has of what it takes to get promoted.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its worth mentioning its 9 years since Strachan was involved at club level, and 10 since he managed in Scottish football, hes never managed in the Scottish second tier.

There has to be questions about how much knowledge he has of what it takes to get promoted.

It was 5 year for Levein and we'll have Jimmy Nicholl as well 

How much knowledge did Steve Ferguson have?

Not meaning to be too much of a dour face with our prospects but wholeheartedly have to agree with this. Strachan has unfortunately had little to do with club football since his abject showing at Middlesbrough trusting the ilk of Kris Boyd to do the job down south.

Has only really operated within Celtic as a Scottish club so I don’t really know if he’s got that knowledge of the Scottish game to make as much of an impact as is being touted on here.

I’ll still support McPake though; could be our own coming of Alex Neil but we have just got to wait and see! The way we performed in the St Mirren game was of such a more disciplined and hard working nature than we had seen for most of the season so if that could be repeated then that could be great. Other than that who the f**k knows how this could go.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I reckon even the least experienced person would know that it takes winning games and getting more points than anyone else to get promoted. 

1 minute ago, Raise High The Roof Beams said:

Not meaning to be too much of a dour face with our prospects but wholeheartedly have to agree with this. Strachan has unfortunately had little to do with club football since his abject showing at Middlesbrough trusting the ilk of Kris Boyd to do the job down south.

Has only really operated within Celtic as a Scottish club so I don’t really know if he’s got that knowledge of the Scottish game to make as much of an impact as is being touted on here.

I’ll still support McPake though; could be our own coming of Alex Neil but we have just got to wait and see! The way we performed in the Livingston game was of such a more disciplined and hard working nature than we had seen for most of the season so if that could be repeated then that could be great. Other than that who the f**k knows how this could go.

McIntyre was in charge for the Livingston game...

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's worth mentioning that you often begin a post with "it's worth mentioning" despite the fact what you actually post is very rarely worth mentioning.