Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd think an humiliating relegation would make you lot see the reality of where your club actually sits.

Seems not.

You'd think someone who spouts shite all the time to sound smart could spot sarcasm from such posts.

Seems not.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Source? or a guess.

I'd probably be happy with him.

Thank you.

Tbf, if the final 3 actually are Goodwin, McPake and Miller, I'd take Goodwin in a heartbeat, especially if Strachan is actually keen to join in an advisory capacity.

Also heard, mere rumours as they are that I feel I have to emphasise, that Charlie Adam was apparently at Dens today. Whether he actually was here, and whether his reason for being was just for a visit or for more than that, I couldn't guess at. But those are indeed rumours that I've heard.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd think an humiliating relegation would make you lot see the reality of where your club actually sits.

Seems not.

He's never managed higher than the Championship in Scotland and he's failed in his one season in England. 

I don't think Sunderland will get rid of him anyway but if they did he'll hardly have clubs queuing up for him. Not that it matters anyhow as Nelms will have made up his mind already. 

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He's never managed higher than the Championship in Scotland and he's failed in his one season in England. 

I don't think Sunderland will get rid of him anyway but if they did he'll hardly have clubs queuing up for him. Not that it matters anyhow as Nelms will have made up his mind already. 

I just doubt he'd jump straight into Dundee, who even Derek Adams can see is a job that'll be nigh on impossible to succeed at next season. He'd likely just hold fire in the hopes Hibs/Hearts sack their manager, or he'd go to Kilmarnock.

Goodwin could go either way, Alloa have a backroom staff, and spine of players, who've been there for years. Dundee dont have that.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tbf, if the final 3 actually are Goodwin, McPake and Miller, I'd take Goodwin in a heartbeat, especially if Strachan is actually keen to join in an advisory capacity.

Also heard, mere rumours as they are that I feel I have to emphasise, that Charlie Adam was apparently at Dens today. Whether he actually was here, and whether his reason for being was just for a visit or for more than that, I couldn't guess at. But those are indeed rumours that I've heard.

Evening

Now then, that really would cap an extremely enjoyable sabbath..

Charlie and Jim management team, I can only hope the rumours are factual. I don't think Charlie would entertain our new level otherwise.

Anyway, please no one mention the P word, I'll bust my stitches from laughing so hard earlier.

Best regards

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I just doubt he'd jump straight into Dundee, who even Derek Adams can see is a job that'll be nigh on impossible to succeed at next season. He'd likely just hold fire in the hopes Hibs/Hearts sack their manager, or he'd go to Kilmarnock.

Goodwin could go either way, Alloa have a backroom staff, and spine of players, who've been there for years. Dundee dont have that.

Impossible to succeed? Impossible to pip United and Caley Thistle to the title next season?

Don't talk pish.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeh Jim defo wouldn't want to leave Alloa and manage a team who will still have the 6th biggest budget in Scotland next season, away to move into a 15k stadium in 2 years and will still have bigger crowds than half of the top flight next season.

6 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Yeh Jim defo wouldn't want to leave Alloa and manage a team who will still have the 6th biggest budget in Scotland next season, away to move into a 15k stadium in 2 years and will still have bigger crowds than half of the top flight next season.

He's got a spine of a squad that have been there for years though. How could Dundee ever match that?

38 minutes ago, Dele said:

You were saying in the Hearts thread that Goodwin is going there. :huh:

No I never, I said there were rumours he had signed for them.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Impossible to succeed? Impossible to pip United and Caley Thistle to the title next season?

Don't talk pish.

United will spend an absolute f**k tonne next season, while Dundee need an entire squad.

Getting you lot promoted will be a huge challenge.

11 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

I didn't say he wouldnt join you.

At Alloa he simply had to continue Jack Ross' work, with the same backroom staff, and same players. 

His assistant will remain at Alloa.

Nobody knows how he'll do on his own.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At Alloa he simply had to continue Jack Ross' work,

Those were pretty big boots to fill though and for a new manager he has done fairly well , Jim would benefit a lot if he has a good man beside him too .

jim's only weakness to me is his signing record , all have been freed after a season but signing  good part time players is difficult when you sit in the higher part time positions in the Scottish league .

Youd have to wonder why, if this is true, Goodwin would turn down the job, if it's also true he'd be handed a "top six budget"

A suggestion on Twitter than Goodwin wasnt happy with how much influence Strachan would have over contracts/signings, and wasnt given any assurances from Nelms that he'd be supported in any disagreement between the two.

Sick, tired, pissed off, humiliated, unsurprised, baffled, resigned, miserable.

Quite the gammet of emotions in 5 minutes.

I will support James McPake unquestionably, I think he's a great guy and could one day be an incredible coach, hopefully even one right out of the gate. No matter what happens, he will have my respect. Regardless of all this though, this feels like the final nail in the coffin. Years of shit after shit and finally the board are given a clean slate, an opportunity to try and start again, to maybe have some success... and they've scared off every viable candidate and are putting their trust and their money into a complete unknown for the position... again. Tinpot, tinpot, tinpot. I so hope I am wrong, but right now, this is embarrassing.