Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The overall process is ongoing and we are striving to have the best man in place in the very near future.

Why the f**k would we be approaching Inverness then? :lol:

What happened to us going after Wieghorst?

31 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Why the f**k would we be approaching Inverness then? :lol:

What happened to us going after Wieghorst?

To interview him.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Statement is insinuating that Robertson has applied.

In that case, it is fair enough. Otherwise, I don't think it's unreasonable of a club of the standing of Inverness to refuse permission if Robertson is only viewed as a candidate that might get the job. Different if he's been identified as the number one choice (most likely after informal talks), or he has indeed applied.

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

In that case, it is fair enough. Otherwise, I don't think it's unreasonable of a club of the standing of Inverness to refuse permission if Robertson is only viewed as a candidate that might get the job. Different if he's been identified as the number one choice (most likely after informal talks), or he has indeed applied.

Yeah, I don't begrudge Caley refusing permission. I'd expect pretty much any full time club to do the same even if they had applied.

Edited by Ludo*1

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Statement is insinuating that Robertson has applied.

He did, he's about to have his already shite budget sliced in half, and ICT are openly trying to unload all their 'high' earners. Robbo knows it'll be a next to impossible task to improve ICTs position next season and wants to jump ship. I for one hope we accept their refusal to speak to him. 

I'd rather have Goodwin if we're going down the road of taking another Championship team's current manager.

Probably another loan voice but I like Robertson and think he’s been a wee bit unlucky in his managerial career. His win % is nearly 43% - 3 and a 1/2% better than Weighorst although who knows what that means (I can use google too Boredom Guy). He’s fiery but has a bit of humour about him. Knows this league like the back of his hand. He’s usually fairly balanced in his interviews. He’s done a good job at ICT I’d say. There are mitigating reasons but us Dundee fans can be very critical tbf.

28 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Probably another loan voice but I like Robertson and think he’s been a wee bit unlucky in his managerial career. His win % is nearly 43% - 3 and a 1/2% better than Weighorst although who knows what that means (I can use google too Boredom Guy). He’s fiery but has a bit of humour about him. Knows this league like the back of his hand. He’s usually fairly balanced in his interviews. He’s done a good job at ICT I’d say. There are mitigating reasons but us Dundee fans can be very critical tbf.

Agree with what your saying, but just can't see fatty/tan man drumming up any excitement. 

We've offered Gordon Strachan the role of technical director.

If he accepts, I'd expect McPake to be appointed in the coming days.

I'd imagine Strachan will be our version of Levein at Hearts pre Cathro's sacking. And that's a massive coup.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've offered Gordon Strachan the role of technical director.

If he accepts, I'd expect McPake to be appointed in the coming days.

I'd imagine Strachan will be our version of Levein at Hearts pre Cathro's sacking. And that's a massive coup.

we should have been offering him the managers job before Macintyre ….he might not have taken it but it would atleast have shown a bit of ambition.

4 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

we should have been offering him the managers job before Macintyre ….he might not have taken it but it would atleast have shown a bit of ambition.

According to the article saying Strachan is "intrigued", it also states that he's not interested in management. 

Come home wee man.