Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Probably folk on TDB. One guy is adament about Petrie. Another says it's going to be McPake because he's cheap. 

Either of those the guy that described poor defending as, 'defending like a poof'.

Place is as bad as Mad used to be. Regret helping make it popular tbh.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Either of those the guy that described poor defending as, 'defending like a poof'.

Place is as bad as Mad used to be. Regret helping make it popular tbh.

The one who thinks McPake is. 

Apparently the "poof" statement is acceptable and was only retracted due to 'political correctness'. When he was pulled up for it he said something like "I've 11,000posts, so I'm clearly not homophobic" 

Seemed a decent poster before that too. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

The one who thinks McPake is. 

Apparently the "poof" statement is acceptable and was only retracted due to 'political correctness'. When he was pulled up for it he said something like "I've 11,000posts, so I'm clearly not homophobic" 

Seemed a decent poster before that too. 

Does he post pictures of Morrissey and an ugly cat?

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

From people putting bets on. 

Honestly, it needs said every single day, but bookies dont have any inside information, they simply adjust the odds on how much money is being put on. Theres zero point putting major stock in it.

Exactly.  It’s not like footballers or directors would be thick enough to chance it betting on a football matter. :lol:

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Would Stewart Petrie be such a bad shout?  An up and coming manager who's worked wonders in the league below ready for a step up.

A Jack Ross type figure, with a positive personality than can lift the whole place, as well as building a winning team, would be ideal looking from the outside.  (No idea if Petrie fits that description or not).

Yeah, there’s a reasonable argument that the job Petrie has done with Montrose is every bit as impressive as Jim Goodwin at Alloa.

Even if Goodwin is the first target for any full-time club looking at young up and coming managers who’ve proven themselves with a part-time club, Petrie is the obvious second choice and he’s likely to get a Championship job at some point in the next couple of years.

I’m beginning to wonder if the idea of WGS playing some role isn’t quite as fanciful as I originally thought. 1) has a house in the area 2) doesn’t need and maybe doesn’t want another full time job 3) needs to be reconstructed after his sex offender type remark 4) would give him something to do. Maybe part time DoF with a younger man like Jazzer or Goodwin at the helm.

53 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m beginning to wonder if the idea of WGS playing some role isn’t quite as fanciful as I originally thought. 1) has a house in the area 2) doesn’t need and maybe doesn’t want another full time job 3) needs to be reconstructed after his sex offender type remark 4) would give him something to do. Maybe part time DoF with a younger man like Jazzer or Goodwin at the helm.

Nelms has pretty much said we won't be going down the DoF route. Can't imagine he'd take the job - Despite his reputation being tarnished, he can still do quite a bit better than Scottish Championship level. That's not to say we won't speak to him on an informal basis though.

His negative mewlings about Scottish football piss me right off. Not sure if that's what we want to overhaul our club as a whole anyways - despite the fact he'd clearly be an absolutely outstanding managerial candidate.

9 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Yes, I'm sure with his career hanging by a thread he'll jump at the chance to join a complete clusterfuck club in the second tier.

Yes, I'm sure with his career hanging by a thread he'll jump at the chance to join a complete clusterfuck club in the second tier.

You’re probably right but his career started at Dundee, he’s from Aberdeen, his wife is from Dundee, they’ve a lot of family here, his house is in Monifieth. If he has had enough of high pressure jobs but wants to keep involved in some way who knows. It would be worth speaking to him.

Jody Morris has a spell with St Johnstone after all so stranger things have happened.

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

You’re probably right but his career started at Dundee, he’s from Aberdeen, his wife is from Dundee, they’ve a lot of family here, his house is in Monifieth. If he has had enough of high pressure jobs but wants to keep involved in some way who knows. It would be worth speaking to him.

Jody Morris has a spell with St Johnstone after all so stranger things have happened.

He's from Muirhouse in Edinburgh.

8 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I dont think Morris had many options and his best friend played for us.

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Frank Lampard played for Saints? When?

I think I've got it the wrong way around anyway, it was Morris who persuaded Duberry to come.