Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ketsbaia has came from nowhere.

One of your fans will have stuck a tenner on him.

Baffles me folk get so obsessed with Scottish manager odds.

27 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

If I’m right and that Ketsbaia is the manager of a rich club in Russia we’ve no chance. 

He is managing in Cyprus, but to my knowledge he just took the job this year.

But regardless he is just one of those foreign names that seems to get tossed around whenever we have a vacancy. Throw a foreign name with a connection to Dundee into the bookie's list for some flavour.

If a guy like Temuri took over we'd have a team full of Georgians and Greeks and either win the league by 25 pts or we'd pull a Falkirk. There is always some allure with the foreign name, but I really think we need a guy that has some knowledge (current like) of the Scottish leagues.

I'd love Temuri. He's experience at much bigger clubs than us and has been mostly a success bar some bizarre circumstances at certain clubs.

I'd score John Robertson off the list though. Let his side down tonight by getting sent off at the point they needed him most. 

I'd have scored Robertson off the list long before that tonight, tbh. 

Ketsbaia is intriguing, on one hand that's what we need. Mystery, unexpected madness. On the other hand, it's 99% destined to go tits up. 

16 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'd have scored Robertson off the list long before that tonight, tbh. 

Ketsbaia is intriguing, on one hand that's what we need. Mystery, unexpected madness. On the other hand, it's 99% destined to go tits up. 

So a better chance than I (and most other Dundee fans) thought Dim McIntyre had to succeed.

23 hours ago, killiekranky said:

Bobby Wiliamson stepped up when Alex Totten parted with Killie and we won the Scottish Cup.

Kenny Sheils  took over the reigns when Mixu left for Finland and we won the league cup.

Sometimes promoting from within works wonders.

Funnily enough we promoted Hopkin from the ashes that Mark Burchill left, Hoppy was his assistant 

I'd say make McPake assistant manager behind Adams/Wieghorst/whoever to give him that added experience, and maybe once they go and he's still interested give him a shot. Just don't think he's ready for the role full-time atm

I'd say make McPake assistant manager behind Adams/Wieghorst/whoever to give him that added experience, and maybe once they go and he's still interested give him a shot. Just don't think he's ready for the role full-time atm

Would be good to have him assist for a few years before taking up the reigns. Never, ever works out that way though.

I can’t see him getting it as he’s too young and inexperienced although being derried oot his nut qualifies him in my book. And that goal ken.

As he’s now thrown his hat in the ring does that mean he’ll leave the club if he doesn’t get it?

I don’t envy Nelms’ position. Not one bit.

Would Stewart Petrie be such a bad shout?  An up and coming manager who's worked wonders in the league below ready for a step up.

A Jack Ross type figure, with a positive personality than can lift the whole place, as well as building a winning team, would be ideal looking from the outside.  (No idea if Petrie fits that description or not).

44 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Stewart Petrie, Bobby Williamson where the hell are bookies getting these names??

From people putting bets on. 

Honestly, it needs said every single day, but bookies dont have any inside information, they simply adjust the odds on how much money is being put on. Theres zero point putting major stock in it.

Honestly, it needs said every single day, but bookies dont have any inside information, they simply adjust the odds on how much money is being put on. Theres zero point putting major stock in it.
This.

Miller will not be our Manager. Someone like Adams will get the gig, with Miller thankfully bring one of several useless c***s being deposited directly into the fucking bin. It'd be nice for McPake to stick around and learn his trade so to speak, but not exactly a disaster if he leaves.

Either Adams or Weighorst. The vast majority of that list can get into the fucking sea.

Whoever the f**k bets on these people are probably the type of people that think darts is a sport

19 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Whoever the f**k bets on these people are probably the type of people that think darts is a sport

Probably folk on TDB. One guy is adament about Petrie. Another says it's going to be McPake because he's cheap.