Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dundee fans online....think the club should take their time and get this decision right

5 mins later Hopkin signs for morton

Dundee fans online...ffs nelms you useless b*****d why didn't you make a move for him......we do have some top quality fans.

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

Dundee fans online....think the club should take their time and get this decision right

5 mins later Hopkin signs for morton

Dundee fans online...ffs nelms you useless b*****d why didn't you make a move for him......we do have some top quality fans.

I don't think I've seen anybody particularly upset about Hopkin, so I can't agree.

James McPake saying he's interested in becoming a manager but won't disrespect the club he loves by declaring that he wants the job as he believes he's not in a position one way or another to have a say considering how much the club has done for him in the past.

Paul McGowan says he'd like the job to be given to McPake as he's brought a 'freshness' and he pretty much used the fatal line, 'it's only the Championship'.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

God damnit, Gowser... not the attitude we need to hear.

Having watched the interview online now, the way it's been written is harsh. Doesn't mean it like that tbf to him. 

James McPake saying he's interested in becoming a manager but won't disrespect the club he loves by declaring that he wants the job as he believes he's not in a position one way or another to have a say considering how much the club has done for him in the past.
Paul McGowan says he'd like the job to be given to McPake as he's brought a 'freshness' and he pretty much used the fatal line, 'it's only the Championship'.

He also said he should get it because McPake is his mate.

TBF McPake came over pretty well but he’s a number 2 at this stage of his career imo.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He also said he should get it because McPake is his mate.

TBF McPake came over pretty well but he’s a number 2 at this stage of his career imo.

Based on what? It's the next step for him in terms of career progression. McPake would be one of my favoured options provided we could get someone with heavy experience in as his number 2.

Based on what? It's the next step for him in terms of career progression. McPake would be one of my favoured options provided we could get someone with heavy experience in as his number 2.

Based on the fact he’s got no experience whatsoever. Surely you want an experienced manager and a number 2 learning the ropes as he progresses - not the other way around. Sometimes you have a superstar player as a new manager, who has an aura and can attract star players with a solid number 2 but McPake wasn’t that and we aren’t Barcelona. His next career progression would be as an assistant manager or managing a smaller club. Our fans would rip him up for bog paper if he didn’t deliver.

Just now, Fifespud said:

Based on the fact he’s got no experience whatsoever. Surely you want an experienced manager and a number 2 learning the ropes as he progresses - not the other way around. Sometimes you have a superstar player as a new manager, who has an aura and can attract star players with a solid number 2 but McPake wasn’t that and we aren’t Barcelona

Jim McIntyre was the most experienced manager we've had since Chisholm. 

90% of managers that have lots of experience either aren't very good or have a lot of baggage. 

I'd rather we went for someone who already knows what youth talent we have that can be supported by an older statesman type tbh.

Bobby Wiliamson stepped up when Alex Totten parted with Killie and we won the Scottish Cup.

Kenny Sheils  took over the reigns when Mixu left for Finland and we won the league cup.

Sometimes promoting from within works wonders.

Jim McIntyre was the most experienced manager we've had since Chisholm. 
90% of managers that have lots of experience either aren't very good or have a lot of baggage. 
I'd rather we went for someone who already knows what youth talent we have that can be supported by an older statesman type tbh.

Do you say experienced or shite and shafted from all prior jobs?

I wouldn’t be disappointed if McPake was given the job. He’s clearly liked within our support and has the desired badges to be a manager. Obviously experience is a key issue here but everyone has to start somewhere. I do how ever think we need an experienced manager to try get out of the division first time of asking but I’d give McPake a chance if appointed.

I wouldn’t like to see McPake fail and get punted out the club the same way Jimmy Boyle has though.

That’s a fair assessment, I’ve always thought that as well to be honest. But in this interview, I thought he spoke very well about the game. 
Its never going to happen anyway. 

Smith would be a good appointment in the sense that you could just choose not to go and play any league fixture when it suited you, with absolutely zero punishment.