Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Out of curiosity, what do we make of Billy Davies? Plenty of experience with success at a high level, but a notorious reputation in England and lengthy time out of the game limiting his opportunities, though this would likely benefit us in our chances of getting him, should we be interested. Worth a punt?

He's a bit mental, but we'd be mad not to take on someone of his calibre if he wanted it.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Gordon Smith is an imbecile and would be a dreadful appointment for any club. I wouldn't even wish him on Dundee.

That’s a fair assessment, I’ve always thought that as well to be honest. But in this interview, I thought he spoke very well about the game. 

Its never going to happen anyway. 

Edited by srw

Out of curiosity, what do we make of Billy Davies? Plenty of experience with success at a high level, but a notorious reputation in England and lengthy time out of the game limiting his opportunities, though this would likely benefit us in our chances of getting him, should he and we be interested. Worth a punt?
Any excuse to link this

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi_39KjrZviAhWKyKQKHTybAFQQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffootball%2F2017%2Fsep%2F09%2Fbilly-davies-nottingham-forest-derby-county-no-job-smear-campaign&psig=AOvVaw0W3qohCELQ8f-rv19Yee_c&ust=1557934732228249

19 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

How many will have the 300 games experience and over 40% win rate that Nelms bizarrely introduced after sacking McCann?

Nelms went into detail backtracking on that saying that's just 1 of many things they look at. 

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nelms went into detail backtracking on that saying that's just 1 of many things they look at. 

In his interview when McIntyre took charge it seemed quite an important point to Nelms.  He seemed quite proud almost that he had gone into such depth looking at the potential recruits.  The more I listen to Nelms the more I think he’s out his depth and just playing at it.

Edited by Shadow Play

Just watched a bit of Nelms interview when McIntyre had just been appointed.  Nelms said at the time the “criteria has recently changed”.  They were now looking for a manager with about 10 years experience and a good knowledge of the Scottish game.  He doesn’t half like boxing himself in does he?

The most worrying thing was that of the extensive list of potential managers he had McIntyre was right at the top of his list using the criteria the club had set out.  I can only hope that the criteria for any new manager has completely changed.  I’d also hate to see who was at the bottom of his list.

On 13/05/2019 at 14:47, weetoonlad said:

Its Kenny Miller and Ian Durrant as no 2 . Lee wallace on way in to sign a two year deal . all is well in the camp

Leaked to you by the latter no doubt....... 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Goodwin isnt ready for the top flight, one good season doesnt make a manager.

I think you'll be massively underwhelmed if you ever see Adam play, hes fucking huge now so would literally just be standing in the middle of the park/taking set pieces, and despite the hype he was never actually that good at those.

Good evening.

Regarding Jim Goodwin, success for his current employers at Alloa Athletic FC  is survival, arguably at a level which they have no business being at in the first place. No disrespect intended or directed to Alloa. This is, I would say solid management potential and considerable knowledge at the level Dundee will find themselves next season.

Regarding Charlie Adam, respectfully, unfortunately you are speaking through your arse on this occasion! 

I have close ties and affection with his now previous club Stoke City FC and have followed their fortunes and games for nearly 18 years now. Hence I do see quite a number of their games,  even more so since the Sky Red Button coverage of The English Championship this season after their relegation following 10 years in The English Premiership.  This is in addition to taking in a game  when I'm down in Stoke.

Charlie Adam performed more than consistently well at a level superior to anything currently presented on our doorstep and would still walk, at 33 years of age into any top flight Scottish first team, Celtic included imo.

Stoke City's new and current manager Nathan Jones, himself a potential rising managerial star rates Charlie Adam highly with his views and ideals for the game in a future managerial/coaching capacity.  

Charlie Adam and Jim Goodwin as co-managers may cost more than planned for, however with their substantial footballing network and knowledge of both sides of the border would be in my opinion priceless.

Neither, as gaffers, I envisage would be willing to suffer any fools or clowns gladly and would be a breath of fresh air on and off the pitch.

Best regards.     

6 hours ago, Dele said:

The "toxic feeling" started long before the losing streak, John. 

Anybody with half a fucking clue about football knew Jim McIntyre was not the right appointment. 

Good evening.

Might just be my opinion also regarding the above, however Mr Nelms should not be attempting to pin indirectly the "toxic feeling" at the club on the relationship between ourselves and the now former manager and actually take ownership and responsibility for what is now two extremely poor and misjudged appointments.

Best regards.

Surprising Stewart Petrie not getting some mentions, he’s a pretty intelligent guy but with a good banking job he may not want to go full time.

Killie have suddenly become the Spurs of the North. The only way is down for the next manager of Killie, you’d be on a hiding to nothing taking over from Clarke. For someone like Goodwin Dundee would be a far better bet.

I mentioned Petrie. Would be a great shout.

It’ll be Strachan or McLeish. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

On 13/05/2019 at 22:23, Fifespud said:

Killie have suddenly become the Spurs of the North. The only way is down for the next manager of Killie, you’d be on a hiding to nothing taking over from Clarke.

We’re already fielding enquiries from Mourhino , Allardyce ,Bilic  et al 

#boxoffice #bignoise