Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Whats so funny about that?  Goodwin and Hopkin are the types of manager who I would have expected us to look at pre-Clarke and I would expect it to be similar in the summer.  

Hopkin is Mortons new manager. 

Goodwin isnt ready for the top flight, one good season doesnt make a manager.

46 minutes ago, Dele said:

I doubt Charlie would come in on his own, he'd want an experienced head alongside him. It's an option we should be giving serious consideration to purely on the chance he plays every week. 

I think you'll be massively underwhelmed if you ever see Adam play, hes fucking huge now so would literally just be standing in the middle of the park/taking set pieces, and despite the hype he was never actually that good at those.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Evening Tele running with the headline that Kenny Shiels is in the running for the Dundee job.

Kenny Shiels seems to just put his name forward for jobs publicly whether there's any interest in him from the club or not. There was an absolutely insane Sportsound where he was a guest and they pretty much interviewed him for the Motherwell job on air. Not to take shots at the guy for looking for a job but it was desperate sounding stuff.

Charlie Adam has always struck me as a bit thick. I’m not saying you need to be Mensa boy to manage successfully but you need some intelligence for sure.

Really? I’ve always been quite surprise at how relatively well spoken he sounds.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Evening Tele running with the headline that Kenny Shiels is in the running for the Dundee job.

Doesn't he spend most of his games as manager watching from the stands due to many different touchline bans.

I think he was also in charge of MorTEN when they laid down to Scamilton 10-2 in a very, very, very, very, very 'strange' match!

Can I go ahead and speak for most Dees on this one - it'll be a big no for me!

17 hours ago, srw said:

If we were to down the DoF route, and I believe we absolutely should.

Id be delighted with ex SFA Chief Executive Gordon Smith, I cant see us getting him though. I heard him being interviewed about his time in the game, and thought he came across brilliantly, which was very surprising.

Gordon Smith is an imbecile and would be a dreadful appointment for any club. I wouldn't even wish him on Dundee.

19 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Over 100 managers have taken an interest. Surely out of more than 100 we will be fine ?

Appoint them all, form a parliament of managers. Make it ridiculously complicated, Synecdoche, New York-style.

Well, except Charlie Adam I guess. Probably not interested in anything other than player-manager, and Nelms has ruled this out.

https://twitter.com/TeamDeeUK/status/1128296770965069824?s=19

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Out of curiosity, what do we make of Billy Davies? Plenty of experience with success at a high level, but a notorious reputation in England and lengthy time out of the game limiting his opportunities, though this would likely benefit us in our chances of getting him, should he and we be interested. Worth a punt?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee