Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

It won't be Duffy. He was interviewed today, said a few truths about the club. 

Thank f**k, he's a blethering idiot and a failure of a manager. 

Just now, qos_75 said:

Charlie Adam is looking to get into management. He might be a good outside bet.  

This would be his best chance but I just can't see it, not after the last two appointments. 

On 4/23/2019 at 16:09, CanadianDee said:

Goodwin or Hopkin blinfolded with their arms tied behind their backs (literally) would be better options going ahead than keeping the charlatan that is JM. Unfortunately Nelms has never heard of either one of them so it'll be JM in his ear telling him that this year was a lost cause when he took over, and nothing could be done to save it so he deserves the chance to sort everything out in the Championship and Nelms will or has already bought that line.

If Nelms does fire or JM resigns then Nelms will give the job to the first person that gets him on the phone, and that'll be Yogi Hughes.

I think both of these guys, plus maybe a few other good candidates for jobs in this country, will be waiting to see what Steve Clarke does before committing to a club.  Of course that issue should be resolved one way or the other by this time next week.

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

It won't be Duffy. He was interviewed today, said a few truths about the clubs management decisions.. on BBC website earlier. On phone cant find link

I was wanting him as a potential DoF type as he said he'd be interested in that type of role.

The 'truths' you say he revealed made him come across as a bothering simpleton just desperate to hear his own voice, so I think that should safely rule him out of anything.

Just now, Dindeleux said:

I think both of these guys, plus maybe a few other good candidates for jobs in this country, will be waiting to see what Steve Clarke does before committing to a club.  Of course that issue should be resolved one way or the other by this time next week.

:lol:

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

:lol:

Whats so funny about that?  Goodwin and Hopkin are the types of manager who I would have expected us to look at pre-Clarke and I would expect it to be similar in the summer.  

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Whats so funny about that?  Goodwin and Hopkin are the types of manager who I would have expected us to look at pre-Clarke and I would expect it to be similar in the summer.  

Im enjoying Killie do so well over the last couple of seasons, regardless of some of your fans being utter wallopers on here.

Should you lose Clarke, which I think you will, you should be aiming for a better manager than those two IMO, Goodwin may turn out to be excellent in time, but thats a big step up.

If we were to down the DoF route, and I believe we absolutely should.

Id be delighted with ex SFA Chief Executive Gordon Smith, I cant see us getting him though. I heard him being interviewed about his time in the game, and thought he came across brilliantly, which was very surprising.

Edited by srw

Surprising Stewart Petrie not getting some mentions, he’s a pretty intelligent guy but with a good banking job he may not want to go full time.

Killie have suddenly become the Spurs of the North. The only way is down for the next manager of Killie, you’d be on a hiding to nothing taking over from Clarke. For someone like Goodwin Dundee would be a far better bet.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I think we'll get a good indication come Wednesday or Thursday when Clarke is up in front of the SFA for his comments about Steven McLean.....

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Possibly, but as it's always a bit of musical chairs you don't want to be left without a seat when the music stops. A managers job offer in front of you if it's to a bigger club or you are presently out of work may be hard to pass up for a 'what if' scenario.

Not only that, but the Killie job is one where all you can do is keep the club where it is at best, but more than likely move backwards given the heights Clarke has taken you too. Whereas at Dundee there is a lot of space to move up and improve our position as a manager given our ludicrous season we've just had has sent us tumbling right out the top tier.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charlie-adam-wants-dundee-player-15673148?fbclid=IwAR3CMCEQ4jHmJtJ8SIeLNuzIJ8vM7CiNz3PGLhaHsctcp7PCTkfFGUH9zcU

Uncomfortable with this tbh. Would be more than happy having him as our captain next season, but the last thing we need rn is another inexperienced manager. Maybe have him take an assistant coaching role while also a player.