Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Dele said:

Aye, they've fair turned their back on him quite quickly.

They're thick as f**k, tbh. They should give him another year and let him grow into the job/improve. Just as I'd hope we'd keep Oran if we go down.

They're thick as f**k, tbh. They should give him another year and let him grow into the job/improve. Just as I'd hope we'd keep Oran if we go down.
They are thick as f**k, but they should have scooshed that league given the size of club they are.

If they don't go up this season the natives will be raging.

In typical Dundee fashion the next manager will be Kenny Miller.

Unfortunately it’s very rare for a team going down to bounce straight back up. All potential candidates know this and they must also know that failure to come back up will probably mean they will be sacked. If you were smart and wanted the job, then the start of the 2020 or 2021 season would be the time to sign on. 

I think the board might agree that an immediate return is unlikely and will budget and choose a manager accordingly. It might be cheaper long term to stick with the current management team and let them take all the fall for not going up next season - as long as they put the foundations in by blooding some young players, then it might be we start 2021 with some momentum.

you also have to remember that the board want us to play attractive football, whatever that is. I’m not sure that that is the style that is needed to get us promoted from the Championship and maybe they have to fail again before they realize it. 

Hard times ahead, but surely it’s what we all want deep down inside. Finishing 5th or 6th every year and getting beat in cup semi-finals would bore the pants of me. 

We bounced straight back last relegation. Ross County have literally just done it. 

I doubt the board would agree its unlikely as that's just silly. 

You're an advocate for hammer throwers and prefer to be in the Championship as not winning all the time bores you. 

Absolutely at it. 

2 hours ago, Dele said:

We bounced straight back last relegation. Ross County have literally just done it. 

I doubt the board would agree its unlikely as that's just silly. 

You're an advocate for hammer throwers and prefer to be in the Championship as not winning all the time bores you. 

Absolutely at it. 

Worth remembering quite what Countys squad looks like. They kept the spine that they had in the top flight (Fox, Fraser, Draper, McKay) and they've all played key roles for them.

Unfortunately it’s very rare for a team going down to bounce straight back up. All potential candidates know this and they must also know that failure to come back up will probably mean they will be sacked. If you were smart and wanted the job, then the start of the 2020 or 2021 season would be the time to sign on. 
I think the board might agree that an immediate return is unlikely and will budget and choose a manager accordingly. It might be cheaper long term to stick with the current management team and let them take all the fall for not going up next season - as long as they put the foundations in by blooding some young players, then it might be we start 2021 with some momentum.
you also have to remember that the board want us to play attractive football, whatever that is. I’m not sure that that is the style that is needed to get us promoted from the Championship and maybe they have to fail again before they realize it. 
Hard times ahead, but surely it’s what we all want deep down inside. Finishing 5th or 6th every year and getting beat in cup semi-finals would bore the pants of me. 

Why is there a high percentage of glory hunters in this country? Because the cheeks have won the most overall.

Plenty of kids now going about in man city tops... because they are winning (albeit with some stylish play).

For us cup semi finals every year for the next 7 years= more money and something to look forward to instead of the likes of this season where we were pumped in all cup competitions from teams from the championship and when teams from our own league came to town we bent over and gave them the keys to dens and jockey’s jet pack.

Just my opinion of course however i think our board need to get a director of football, a new team completely and someone who can motivate players to win and play for the shirt instead of “the players are a bit low this week and I’ve given them some time in their safe space (fortnite, nightclubs and extra days off).”

*breathes*

Our next manager will be Randomguy and Granny Danger if Nelms is still at the helm! And reads these forums.