Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Dundee's Next Permanent Manager  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's quite sad that the only 2 on that list I'd be disappointed with would be John Hughes and Stuart McCall (Purely because I don't think he'd be able to unite a minority of the fans nevermind them all). And there is some shocking names there. But pretty much any of them would be better than McIntyre.

Surely he has to go tonight?

5 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Did Brown not resign because he thought he'd lost the dressing room and couldn't get us over the line?

If only some of his successors had the same level of self awareness.

Indeed. Brown would only have been good if we'd appointed him a couple of weeks ago on a purely temporary deal till the end of the season to kick some heads together.

Despite him being an uninspiring candidate, I reckon I'd fucking love David Hopkin. I've never seen a Dundee team in my 25+ year of supporting them have a team that doesn't get bullied. He'd guarantee that. That'd be immense.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Despite him being an uninspiring candidate, I reckon I'd fucking love David Hopkin. I've never seen a Dundee team in my 25+ year of supporting them have a team that doesn't get bullied. He'd guarantee that. That'd be immense.

The Annand era were never bullied. 

Guest gregteamdee

My choices in order, purely on the basis we need someone that can get us out of Championship by whatever means.  

1/Hopkin

2/Weighorst 

Just now, gregteamdee said:

My choices in order, purely on the basis we need someone that can get us out of Championship by whatever means.  

1/Hopkin

2/Weighorst 

From the list that I put, which admittedly I never put to much thought into I'd go for:

1. Weighorst - Dream appointment. High pedigree, would be the guy to finally unite the fans behind the team since the Barry Smith era.

2.  David Hopkin - Not the most inspiring name on the list, but seems to be very effective in Scottish football and builds a hard and ferocious team.

3.  Temuri Ketsbaia - Done a relatively decent job whereever he's been and at a higher level than us.

4. Ian McCall - Some eye for a player.

5. Jim Goodwin - The up and coming manager in Scotland right now.

Then it falls into the category of managers I'd accept:

James McPake (As long as there was a heavily experienced assistant), Paul Hartley (Fans wouldn't take to him, but he got us out the league before and put a lot of building blocks in place that McCann and McIntyre have dissembled.)

Then there's:

Jim Duffy/Barry Smith/Jocky/Archie - Would be disappointed but they'd tap into my inner child as a Dee and I'd love it.

Then it's just pure and utter disappointment:

Stuart McCall, John Hughes, Alan Archibald.