East Kilbride v Cove Rangers - playoffs semifinal

9 hours ago, Hauzen said:

Might drive up to this one on Saturday, what's parking like at the Cove ground? Presume you could park at IKEA easily enough and walk round?

There's a car park at the ground but if you're having to ask if you can get in, you're not the type who'll be getting in. IKEA, Makro, Burger King have spaces but I've no idea if they're wardened/patrolled/whatever. If you're parking at that end of the estate, you might as well play safe and use the streets in the houses the other side of the road and enjoy the walk. There's a few company car parks on the way to the ground but availability is random. 

In short, get there early, drive to the ground then work your way back. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

There's a car park at the ground but if you're having to ask if you can get in, you're not the type who'll be getting in. IKEA, Makro, Burger King have spaces but I've no idea if they're wardened/patrolled/whatever. If you're parking at that end of the estate, you might as well play safe and use the streets in the houses the other side of the road and enjoy the walk. There's a few company car parks on the way to the ground but availability is random. 

In short, get there early, drive to the ground then work your way back. 

Thanks, I'll maybe park at the houses then if there's any hint of cameras or wardens around the business parks. Looks like a pretty dull area for a football ground!

On 4/30/2019 at 12:28, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Why are EK so unpopular, particularly with people from EK?

From working in EK, the vast majority in my office support either the old firm or Motherwell. 
Strangely they all turn their noses up when you mention EK, have always wondered the same thing. 

From working in EK, the vast majority in my office support either the old firm or Motherwell. 
Strangely they all turn their noses up when you mention EK, have always wondered the same thing. 
Im 2 minutes from the ground and if it was free entry i still wouldnt go. They are a gloryfied boys club using connections with ex old firm players to get them some airtime. Another Gretna waiting to happen. If they ever move up they will be lucky to see 200 home fans which the majority will be friends and family of those involved in the club.

1 hour ago, Gene Wilder said:
2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Im 2 minutes from the ground and if it was free entry i still wouldnt go. They are a gloryfied boys club using connections with ex old firm players to get them some airtime. Another Gretna waiting to happen. If they ever move up they will be lucky to see 200 home fans which the majority will be friends and family of those involved in the club.

Know nothing about EK but a wee bit about Cove. Sounds like none of them are very popular. We’ll just have to hope Berwick can do something against the winner.

12 minutes ago, marello12000 said:

no actually some of us are hoping EK or Cove get promoted and with investment, not necessarily huge crowds (sic) although Cove would pull a fair average, climb further up the leagues, something I doubt your team will achieve any time soon

We’ve been there not that long ago. Never mind we’ll still be playing Clyde next season.

4 hours ago, Gene Wilder said:
4 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Ditto. Used to walk the dugs along the road until the start of last month- i see the diggers from my window- i hope they crash and burn. 

Mon Cove. Hopefully we meet in the Betfred at some point for a nice summer visit. 

2 hours ago, marello12000 said:

no actually some of us are hoping EK or Cove get promoted and with investment, not necessarily huge crowds (sic) although Cove would pull a fair average, climb further up the leagues, something I doubt your team will achieve any time soon

So, you're advocating that investment is the only useful tool for these 'clubs' to develop once in L2? Wasn't the whole point of the introduction of the pyramid system, to create a plethora of 'community' clubs NOT relying on cash handouts and showing how to 'run a football club properly', seeing as Shire, 'Vers, Cowden and Montrose at their respective times were at fault for Scotland being shite at international football?

Of course, the above is a fucking lie. It's a platform for 'fitba men' who've helped PUT the top end of our game in a coma, to poison the air further still through developing 'new' clubs. Jefferies at EC, and the OF bunch at EK. f**k the pair of them. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:52, DA Baracus said:

despite them having starter years ago and despite domestic playoffs never featuring an away goal

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:57, DA Baracus said:

What domestic playoffs have ever featured an away goal rule, a rule that was introduced for European competition?

Actually: further down the pyramid away goals applied in this season's East of Scotland League Title Round Robin although this was only as a tie-break after GD, GF and head-to-head (to try and avoid a dead-heat)... Following tonight's result in game #2 of 3 there is no scenario where Away Goals or Head-to-Head Away Goals will be required, tbf.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:52, DA Baracus said:

Away goals have never once counted double in any game ever player.

There was of course an ill-fated experiment with goals in extra-time counting double:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_4–2_Grenada_(1994_Caribbean_Cup_qualification

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Further down the pyramid away goals applied in this season's East of Scotland League Title Round Robin although this was only as a tie-break after GD, GF and head-to-head (to try and avoid a dead-heat)... Following tonight's result in game #2 of 3 there is no scenario where Away Goals or Head-to-Head Away Goals will be required, tbh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_4–2_Grenada_(1994_Caribbean_Cup_qualification

I stand corrected! 

Away goals have only ever counted double in a single game in all of football's history.

So, EC goes west? Does EK own that ground? I suppose the Ferranti/Meadowbank/Livvy model might be the dream.

No doubt in my mind these prefab clubs are what the SPFL would prefer to some of the dinosaurs from the 19th century, QP included. It's for these clubs to respond of course. Easier said than done though. Any nouveau riche wouldn't have the patience for the type of folks that currently run many of the established clubs. QP included.

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

So, EC goes west? Does EK own that ground? I suppose the Ferranti/Meadowbank/Livvy model might be the dream.

No doubt in my mind these prefab clubs are what the SPFL would prefer to some of the dinosaurs from the 19th century, QP included. It's for these clubs to respond of course. Easier said than done though. Any nouveau riche wouldn't have the patience for the type of folks that currently run many of the established clubs. QP included.

It was never anything else, ByoS. And, from what i've seen and heard regarding EK in particular (and i suspect other LL clubs unfettered by neither history nor ambition), the fast-tracking of 'feeder' teams to supplement the Colts is well underway. I know fans jest about other clubs supporters' extra-cirricular affiliations, but in these cases, it's absolutely true. In my opinion, of course. 

Cove have the backing of a wealthy benefactor which helps of course but they've had a plan to climb the leagues for some years now and I'm fairly sure they'll thrive if and when they get there. personally would have preferred they hadn't gone for the artificial pitch, an abomination I'd like completely withdrawn from SPL/SPFL, but I don't see them as being the sort of set up waiting for hand outs and of course when the Dons move to Westhill, they'll be the only league team in Aberdeen, which could be a factor in the local hatred, supplemented of course by having rangers in their name, which will forever stand in their way of being a 'community' club

1 hour ago, marello12000 said:

Cove have the backing of a wealthy benefactor which helps of course but they've had a plan to climb the leagues for some years now and I'm fairly sure they'll thrive if and when they get there. personally would have preferred they hadn't gone for the artificial pitch, an abomination I'd like completely withdrawn from SPL/SPFL, but I don't see them as being the sort of set up waiting for hand outs and of course when the Dons move to Westhill, they'll be the only league team in Aberdeen, which could be a factor in the local hatred, supplemented of course by having rangers in their name, which will forever stand in their way of being a 'community' club

If there's one thing not to be toyed with, it's a club's name.

22 hours ago, Gene Wilder said:
22 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Better that than some of the scumbags who play for Clyde.