East Kilbride v Cove Rangers - playoffs semifinal

11 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Difference there is that Cowdenbeath are established as a league club, whilst EK are an upcoming club with a much larger catchment, new stadium etc.

not meaning this as a dig at ‘Beath

I always felt the New Towns left it too late bringing in league football as Toby mentions above he would never switch from Morton but I imagine if he had grown up with an EK side in the SFL it might have been different.

It would maybe have been easier having teams in those places from the start or the very early days at least and both clubs and towns could have grown hand in hand. For what Livi have achieved at various times and Clyde as well crowds haven't been what they perhaps could have been in their respective towns.

17 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I always felt the New Towns left it too late bringing in league football as Toby mentions above he would never switch from Morton but I imagine if he had grown up with an EK side in the SFL it might have been different.

It would maybe have been easier having teams in those places from the start or the very early days at least and both clubs and towns could have grown hand in hand. For what Livi have achieved at various times and Clyde as well crowds haven't been what they perhaps could have been in their respective towns.

East Kilbride Thistle had a following at one time in the Juniors but that drifted away in the great downward spiral which affected near enough every club outside of the obvious few.

A lot of rumours as far back as 40 years ago of Clyde moving to East Kilbride. Something about the then EK development corporation which ran the place being hyper about bringing Senior football to the town and with it the Glasgow 2. As time went on the EK dodgy crew was wound up more rumours surfaced. Strange claims about Rosebery at Oatlands and Glencairn’s Park came and went underneath the M74 motorway. Then there was the Shettleston/Clyde gig which came to nothing. Obviously it’s money as always that’s the problem with these schemes. Once the Dunn’s ginger mob pulled out it’s been an uphill battle ever since. Occasionally i’d go along to Shawfield twice on a Saturday for the football in the afternoon and back again at night for the greyhounds. Been in the place once since Clyde left.
I went past Shawfield bout a year ago. Place is falling to pieces & it's a miracle it's still standing as all it's used for these days is a sport dying on it's arse.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Last time I checked Livi are in the Premiership,get your point on support though,was always gonna be tough breaking into the Old Firm/Edinburgh big 2 support.

Could be better but our support is still a lot more than what Meadowbanks was.

Also I'm from whitburn and I know a lot of other livi supporters who are also from other towns and villages in W.Lothian.

The problem lies in trying to attract fans in Livingston when the nearby big 4 seem to be the be all and end all.

East Kilbride Thistle had a following at one time in the Juniors but that drifted away in the great downward spiral which affected near enough every club outside of the obvious few.
I still go to see EK Thistle when Clyde aren't playing.
Tiny crowds at the Show Park now but I still consider them my hometown team.

For me, EKFC will never be that.

14 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

We played ek in the Scottish last year we were given 60 tickets even for us that's small, it was sold out in 45 mins we were given plenty more and as I remember it's one of the few times we have outnumbered the home support in a game

I'd have to dispute that.

5 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I still go to see EK Thistle when Clyde aren't playing.
Tiny crowds at the Show Park now but I still consider them my hometown team.

For me, EKFC will never be that.

I kind of get that.  Have read various things over the years in relation to fans of Inverness Caledonia and Inverness Thistle who had no interest whatsoever in the merger.

Has ICT been good for the town of Inverness?  I guess opinions would vary.

Yep. EK looked really poor against us a couple of months ago in the SC. Cove were far more impressive when we played them in the LC group stage. 

The coverage of this game was pretty poor. No mention of it on Soccer Saturday, or Sportscene. Which is disappointing, especially from our own media.

I went up and watch East Kilbride last weekend against Kelty, and thought they looked a very decent side. Maybe Kelty made them look better than what they were.

Looks like this could be the year Cove go up, as can’t see East Kilbride turning it round. Or Berwick doing anything against them.

The coverage of this game was pretty poor. No mention of it on Soccer Saturday, or Sportscene. Which is disappointing, especially from our own media.

I went up and watch East Kilbride last weekend against Kelty, and thought they looked a very decent side. Maybe Kelty made them look better than what they were.

Looks like this could be the year Cove go up, as can’t see East Kilbride turning it round. Or Berwick doing anything against them.

Radio Five at least read out the score in the classified results.

Have to fancy Cove going into a 90 minute tie with a goal advantage.

3 hours ago, Connor7 said:

The BBC Sports app gave the HT score as 1-0; really shoddy