• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
EdinburghBlue

East Kilbride v Cove Rangers - playoffs semifinal

34 minutes ago, tescodave said:

Do away with the final 2 legs. Winner of Cove v EK are in. The final will be pointless.

Correct, no points are awarded for the final. It's just a two-legged tie, with the aggregate winners playing in League Two next season. 

John Sheran had a heart attack yesterday and is now in hospital in Aberdeen.
Ah not good at all hope all is well

https://eastkilbridefootballclub.co.uk/news/east-kilbride-v-cove-rangers-match-information-23-04-2019?fbclid=IwAR2AS9gmPqnbklJAoKEW45j0TXF-dgogHmNmP6yLgkFQOMvgF-qF9T3LT3Y

East Kilbride v Cove Rangers, match & media information

• 3pm kick-off at K-Park on Saturday 27th April
  • Admission is pay at gate, cash only, £8 adults and £4 concession (1 x child U-12 admitted free per each paying adult)
  • Parking extremely limited, early arrival suggested
  • East Kilbride Sports Club will be open before and after match

On 22/04/2019 at 10:07, marello12000 said:

surprised tae see a few blue brazilians on here spouting aboot cove when they were beneficiaries of one of the most blatantly corrupt displays of refereeing at the second leg last year, how I wished they'd finished bottom again this year, oh well karma is coming, good luck to cove and EK, whoever goes up will have shown far mair ambition than majority of L2

5cbf209303b84_berwickwhentheyfinishbottom.gif.bf02d55a1098a4741e48954f533dd919.gif

Why does a poor refereeing decision mean we can't think Cove are arseholes?

surprised tae see a few blue brazilians on here spouting aboot cove when they were beneficiaries of one of the most blatantly corrupt displays of refereeing at the second leg last year, how I wished they'd finished bottom again this year, oh well karma is coming, good luck to cove and EK, whoever goes up will have shown far mair ambition than majority of L2

Why the surprise? Its a thread in the League 2 Section. You wished we finished bottom again this season. That didn't work out too well for you. I couldn't care less if Cove come up. They did us a favour last season by bottling it. Nice wee trip up north. Prefer them to the EK set up.

On 22/04/2019 at 10:34, haufdaft said:

That is only the tip of the iceberg. Believe me.

On 20/04/2019 at 20:29, The man with no name said:

2 clubs throwing a lot of money at it. Let's hope everything is above board and there are no behind the scenes payments going on.

Surely no club in Scotland would make regular behind the scenes payments in brown envelopes? Or even in their players' boots?

I want cove to come up after Mitch megginson shouting at Cowdenbeath fans what a guy and after last seasons eventful play off and to replace Berwick of course 

Edited by Fitbaw enthusiast

HAHAHAHA. Aye coz referees are corrupt in cowdens favour - get a grip gimpboy. Im sure it was a 2 game affair where you have 2 games to get through... You didnt beat us in first game..  No contentious refereeing and in the 2nd game i saw one of the worst tackles to grace central park which merited a red card end of.  Our goal was likely a foul in the build up but yet again you failed over 2 games to beat us not a referee issue that pal.

Karma is coming... pmsl away and boil yer heid.

19 hours ago, The_Judge said:

https://eastkilbridefootballclub.co.uk/news/east-kilbride-v-cove-rangers-match-information-23-04-2019?fbclid=IwAR2AS9gmPqnbklJAoKEW45j0TXF-dgogHmNmP6yLgkFQOMvgF-qF9T3LT3Y

East Kilbride v Cove Rangers, match & media information

• 3pm kick-off at K-Park on Saturday 27th April
  • Admission is pay at gate, cash only, £8 adults and £4 concession (1 x child U-12 admitted free per each paying adult)
  • Parking extremely limited, early arrival suggested
  • East Kilbride Sports Club will be open before and after match

Not just parking which is extremely limited.

14 hours ago, ShiPi said:

Surely no club in Scotland would make regular behind the scenes payments in brown envelopes? Or even in their players' boots?

Some have changed their ways now. They use white envelopes instead.

When you say ambition, I assume you mean spending more money than the competition. All the teams in League 2 could spend say £1m a season, but you still only get one team winning the league and one of them would still finish bottom and enter the relegation play-off. Is that the sort of ambition we shall aim for?

On 21/04/2019 at 15:12, Jason King said:

dross like Longworth 

silly, silly boy 

20 hours ago, ShiPi said:

SOLE beneficiary...?

61eqdCTbOhL__SX450_.jpg

17 hours ago, NELLY said:

HAHAHAHA. Aye coz referees are corrupt in cowdens favour - get a grip gimpboy. Im sure it was a 2 game affair where you have 2 games to get through... You didnt beat us in first game..  No contentious refereeing and in the 2nd game i saw one of the worst tackles to grace central park which merited a red card end of.  Our goal was likely a foul in the build up but yet again you failed over 2 games to beat us not a referee issue that pal.

Karma is coming... pmsl away and boil yer heid.

Calling someone a gimp - real classy.

Cove had the potential to beat us last season, but they didn’t. 

Couldn't score in their home leg,  and don’t recall any moaning about refs cheating in that game.

We were a poor, poor side and they blew their chance, then proceeded to completely embarrass themselves towards the end of the game and after.

Cowden fans are quite right to wish Cove no success. At least EK took it on the chin when they lost to us previously.

My only issue with EvK coming up is it’s just a local Astro pitch and a shit day out. We were standing 5 deep on a flat bit of Astro matting near a corner flag. It’s an away game I wouldn’t be bothered for they come up. I realise they have spoken about erecting a small stand if they come up but it’s still shit.

Reckon the luck  has run out for league 2 this year and we will see a new face come August. If I was betting , my cash would be on EK.

ps just saw above about Cove manager, hope he’s ok.

Edited by big al

Cove's inability to beat Cowdenbeath - to even score in that first leg - will forever remain a mystery to me. When Cove went ahead in the second leg, I was sure that was it, but they threw it away. Whether they've learned anything from their Edinburgh City/Spartans/Cowdenbeath ties, we shall see. Would imagine the first leg of this tie will be close, and not produce the 0-3/4-0 kind of result seen in recent times. Cove haven't given anyone of note a good going over in a while, but they're also not conceding many. 

4 hours ago, big al said:

My only issue with EvK coming up is it’s just a local Astro pitch and a shit day out. We were standing 5 deep on a flat bit of Astro matting near a corner flag. It’s an away game I wouldn’t be bothered for they come up. I realise they have spoken about erecting a small stand if they come up but it’s still shit.

There is now a covered stand at that side where the changing rooms are, you can see it in this video.