East Kilbride v Cove Rangers - playoffs semifinal

The BBC Sports app gave the HT score as 1-0; really shoddy 

Didn’t even mention the score at all on sportscene. Had to check my phone to find out what it was. Poor coverage, hopefully they will show more exposure for the second leg.

21 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Didn’t even mention the score at all on sportscene. Had to check my phone to find out what it was. Poor coverage, hopefully they will show more exposure for the second leg.

It's the same with Radio Scotland and their abysmal coverage. Instead of informing the listening public what the scores are, they wax lyrical about some dull meaningless Scottish Premiership game which they have already given full live coverage too.

I don't remember there being any particular media focus on the Cove v Edinburgh City play-off match either a few years back. 

City stuffed Cove 3-0 in the first leg up North. I just thought I'd mention that as its a pleasant memory :D

9 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

? 2 -1 and EK need to score 2.

Yes. We're just making fun of folk who still don't know how the playoffs work in Scotland, despite them having starter years ago and despite domestic playoffs never featuring an away goal, as well as the daft questions people ask, such as 'Do away goals count?' and 'Do away goals count double?'. You get these questions every single season in playoff threads.

Away goals have counted in every single game ever played. Away goals have never once counted double in any game ever player.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes. We're just making fun of folk who still don't know how the playoffs work in Scotland, despite them having starter years ago and despite domestic playoffs never featuring an away goal, as well as the daft questions people ask, such as 'Do away goals count?' and 'Do away goals count double?'. You get these questions every single season in playoff threads.

Away goals have counted in every single game ever played. Away goals have never once counted double in any game ever player.

Plus "If Cove win do Berwick/Cowdenbeath/some other team south of the Tay have to play in the Highland League?"

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Don’t forget, they might not be very old.

Maybe the reason for the ignorance is shown below

The coverage of this game was pretty poor. No mention of it on Soccer Saturday, or Sportscene. Which is disappointing, especially from our own media.

Haven’t really ever taken an interest in the Highland/Lowland league playoff so I wasn’t sure about the rules as to whether they were the same as the other playoffs.

Didn’t think it was a stupid question but at least I know something I didn’t before now.

What domestic playoffs have ever featured an away goal rule, a rule that was introduced for European competition?
And why would away goals never count in a game? 

At what point did anyone ask if away goals “count”. You knew fine well what I meant when I asked.

20 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Do away goals apply in these games?

“When did anyone ask if away goals count”...

Not sure what you deem the difference between “counting” and “applying” but it appears to be yourself in the above post...happy to help.

Edited by Christophe