Karamoko Dembele

velo army

1 hour ago, football maniac said:

Its hard to imagine he feels English considering he spent hiS whole life up here bar his 1st year. If hed chosen to represent Ivory Coast I could understand but surely he cant feel English. 

I'd imagine having the amounts waved at him that he can potentially earn being part of the English set-up could make him "feel" whatever nationality he wants.

Whether he feels particularly English or not is irrelevant.  In a footballing sense, he clearly doesn't "feel" himself Scottish enough to represent us.  I wouldn't want someone in the squad who felt that way anyway, so good luck to him.

29 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'd imagine having the amounts waved at him that he can potentially earn being part of the English set-up could make him "feel" whatever nationality he wants.

Whether he feels particularly English or not is irrelevant.  In a footballing sense, he clearly doesn't "feel" himself Scottish enough to represent us.  I wouldn't want someone in the squad who felt that way anyway, so good luck to him.

That's pish tbf.  His earnings are not affected much by who he plays for.  Who are the two highest earning players from the British isles?  Bale and Ramsay, both Welsh.  It's about playing in WCs etc not money.  

That's pish tbf.  His earnings are not affected much by who he plays for.  Who are the two highest earning players from the British isles?  Bale and Ramsay, both Welsh.  It's about playing in WCs etc not money.  

Would declaring himself English qualify him as home grown for club sides down there? That could lead to much higher fees/wages right enough

16 hours ago, Kuro said:

If he ends up being the player that his potential says he could be, then he's far more likely to be attractive to sponsors etc if he's starring in the England team than, probably, failing in a Scotland team.  His club wages will be unchanged, obviously, but that's not what I was saying.  It's everything else around his base wage that could be multiplied by starring in a team that regularly qualifies for tournaments and has far greater exposure.

It's very much about money.  Of course he wants to play in major tournaments too, but to go all misty eyed and think that today's footballers are all about success is naive.  I thought you'd know that from that time you won the Ballon D'Or?  Moot point anyway, as he stands to make far more money AND qualify for more tournaments representing England.

12 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

People are seriously saying we should be calling up a 16 year old who has played 45 mins of professional football. 

Absolutely, cap.him.against Cyprus.  Wales regularly cap players with 0 minutes of professional football.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

If he ends up being the player that his potential says he could be, then he's far more likely to be attractive to sponsors etc if he's starring in the England team than, probably, failing in a Scotland team.  His club wages will be unchanged, obviously, but that's not what I was saying.  It's everything else around his base wage that could be multiplied by starring in a team that regularly qualifies for tournaments and has far greater exposure.

It's very much about money.  Of course he wants to play in major tournaments too, but to go all misty eyed and think that today's footballers are all about success is naive.  I thought you'd know that from that time you won the Ballon D'Or?  Moot point anyway, as he stands to make far more money AND qualify for more tournaments representing England.

That's naive, I'm not being misty ever if he succeeds he's going to make shit loads anyway it doesn't make any difference.  Once he got.to the point where differing levels of sponsorship would matter he'd already be worth twenty million minimum, what's motivating him.isn't money it's playing in five world cups and, god.forbid, winning a tournament.

38 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

People are seriously saying we should be calling up a 16 year old who has played 45 mins of professional football. 

Yes. These are known as morons.

In order to “call his bluff”, no less. A footballing governing body “calling the bluff” of a 16 year old.

The extent of some fans’ sense of entitlement will never cease confounding me.

This would simply be to ‘lock in’ his national team selection so he couldn’t change his mind. 5 mins at the end when we’re 2-0 up to Cyprus would hardly end the world. Plenty of other countries do this.