Montrose v Airdrie onions

I’m not a rangers fan,I hate the OF,I’m an Airdrie fan Home and away,if you think playing songs about the Ira especially when Montrose are a league 1 SCOTTISH Team well you’re deluded

This is pathetic. No one from montrose and the NE of Scotland would have a clue about this song and what it purports to mean. So please take your central belt bigotry and put it in the sea.

This thread is about a football match. If you want to  have an argument about some music, distasteful or not then start another thread please.  Genuine Airdrie fans otherwise on here have been  great but it only takes one!!

It’s not distasteful it’s disgraceful,if you sang a song about Muslims you’d get the jail but if you sing a song about the Ira it’s alright,We’ll just brush it under the carpet

It’s not distasteful it’s disgraceful,if you sang a song about Muslims you’d get the jail but if you sing a song about the Ira it’s alright,We’ll just brush it under the carpet
So their was folk singing it aswell?...Ffs you must have some set of lugs to hear that in the video too.

Just watched the post match interview. I have no idea what the tunes are and would have to listen really carefully to work out the controversy, but not being au fait with the "sectarian" list of tunes or groups featured here , I will pass on it. Ian Murray appears unfazed . What made me laugh more was that he said we'd had some fantastic performances in his six months- I did miss the 4-2 home win over East Fife but am struggling to remember any such games.  

The Celtic Symphony is Pro-IRA, why would you get the jail for singing Pro-Muslim songs :lol:
As someone said earlier in the thread Terry Masson (and most likely a few others) are rangers minded so it easily could have been on just to wind them up. End of the day who really cares.

13 hours ago, Brummo said:

Actually, really disappointed to find any sectarian nonsense going on anywhere in Scottish football, particularly at Montrose. 

Don't even want to talk about religious bigotry on an Easter Day when more than 200 people are killed because of it in Sri Lanka and on a week when a journalist loses her life because of violence, nobody in their right mind would want a return to in Northern Ireland. 

E.T.A. Have just listened to the song and can't say I found it that offensive. i.m.o. terrible taste in music though: can imagine Fr. Ted Crilly liking it.

Who mentioned religion?! The IRA are a Marxist, Irish Republican terrorist organisation. Marxists tend not to be religious, and Charles Parnell and Wolfe Tone are both examples of Protestant Irish nationalists. So your post just implies ignorant virtue signalling - "ooh, look at me. I'm above all this religious bigotry."

Of course, the IRA are a wicked, disgusting group, and playing a song which has the chorus "ooh, ahh up the RA" is, at the very least, a tacit endorsement of their activities. However I'd be lying if I said I found it shocking to hear that in a Scottish football stadium, or that it disappointed me - though surprised at Montrose FC. 

Just watched the replay,another non penalty for Montrose,Craig Napier the ref so that explains it.Watched Montrose penalty count since Rennie dived at Stair pk and got another non penalty,that's now 11 penalties for the season,put that against Stranraer who are on 1,but there again these things even themselves out or so i'm told,what a load of tosh.Dont know how many Montrose have scored this season but penalties must make up about 20 odd per cent which is amazing,cute or cheating you decide?

Just watched the replay,another non penalty for Montrose,Craig Napier the ref so that explains it.Watched Montrose penalty count since Rennie dived at Stair pk and got another non penalty,that's now 11 penalties for the season,put that against Stranraer who are on 1,but there again these things even themselves out or so i'm told,what a load of tosh.Dont know how many Montrose have scored this season but penalties must make up about 20 odd per cent which is amazing,cute or cheating you decide?
Obsessed

32 minutes ago, mo83 said:
2 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Obsessed

Not obsessed mate but just an opinion on a football forum.A team who are averaging 1 penalty in every 3 games is quite a stat,imo.

8 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Not obsessed mate but just an opinion on a football forum.A team who are averaging 1 penalty in every 3 games is quite a stat,imo.

Perhaps an indication of an attacking side, which spend more time in the box? 

How many minutes and seconds did it take from the "non-foul" to the ball nestling in the back of the net and again, how many seconds until Airdrie were able to re-start the match due to the over zealous celebrations ?

3 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Penalty or not, you were still shit and deserved to lose.