Montrose v Airdrie onions

No pressure on the Mo for this one. The threat of relegation has been quashed and a play off place was beyond our wildest dreams this year.
No matter where we finish in the league, it has been an amazing season for us.
A crack at the play offs would be an added bonus.

Airdrie absolutely scudded us last time at LP so would be nice to get one over for that.
They seem to have gone backwards a little since then whilst we have had a great ability to recover from bad results, blank it out and start again.
1-0 the mo.

Thought we looked nervous for the first 15 mins .. I know I was! After that we took control and probably should’ve been comfortably ahead by halftime.. some poor finishing and good goalkeeping keeping us out. The penalty was very welcome .. looked a stonewaller and the lack of protests from the Airdrie bench suggested the same. Second half we were in control but lacked a killer instinct and I thought we were destined to concede a last minute equaliser. As it turned out the last minute goal went in but we’d nicked a second earlier. It’s been an amazing 12 months watching the Mo. As someone who’s been a regular for 50 years it’s been a lot of downs with the occasional ups to keep you coming back .. from the pits of despair at Brora to the tears and joy of the last day of last season .. and possibly the championship playoffs .. it’s been a helluva journey. On paper we’re not good enough to go up but this team constantly defies the odds .. so who knows. Whatever happens ... thanks to SP and the whole team .. backroom and on the pitch for what has been an unforgettable couple of seasons.

Firstly well done to Montrose for winning this game and increasing 4th place prospects, especially as East Fife look to have imploded. It was a fairly even first 15 minutes and Airdrie did play some good stuff . It was an unusual set up presumably to allow Conroy to have a free role. I would give him a free just now but I have to wonder what on earth Ian  Murray envisaged with  this formation. Once Montrose got scent of the wide spaces down our flanks and Campbell began to test Robertson and Crichton, the tide turned. Once again Hutton made several great saves a has been said . it only looked a matter of time before a goal came and I glanced away as that cross went in ; only the shouts made me realise something had happened as the Ref gave the penalty. The Airdrie bench made little of it because it looked soft. That could have been overtaken had Conroy scored just before half time but his right foot has rarely threatened. The second half was a bit better as we went with a front two but no one seemed able to react quick enough to half chances. It was not unexpected that we would lose the ball in the Montrose box and be exposed to a fast counter attack and a good goal. Somehow Montrose decided to sit on that lead and Leighton Mcintosh finally scored but it was too late. it would also have been very lucky to get a point as Montrose were the much better side. Their No 20 was my man of the match ( Maybe we need squad numbers!) and clearly the home fans enjoyed it. Robertson managed to get a second yellow card for a late trip and it summed up much of his game. One goal in three games/one point in three games and at last I know L1 is our status again.  This game had some meaning for us but Brechin and Stenny saved us. I don't think Montrose will go up from a play off but they deserve a lot of praise this season

First game in a long time.

First half both teams played some good football. Airdrie had most of possession but Montrose had the better chances. We looked tidy with the ball but not much cutting edge.

Second half we were shocking and Montrose quite rightly won relatively comfortable.

Conroy is clearly good technically but he was lost on that pitch today. He didnt get much time on the ball and he just floats about. He lost the ball several times today. The left back for Airdrie looked half decent. Hawkshaw was also not too bad. I trust murray to get it right but it is a big challenge for him. Compare that to Montrose who have almost the same team as last year yet almost certainly in the play offs. A fantastic effort. Airdrie should look to Montrose for everything that a part time club should be.

Fantastic goalkeeping today by your boy Hutton. He would have been any neutral’s MOTM despite losing 2. Coulda been 6!

Antoniazzi (20) was brilliant today, wish he’d gotten a goal for his efforts, or MOTM, altho Watson was deserved enough.

I thought we were worth the win and saw it out, but the last few minutes were nervy...
we are Montrose after all!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaas! Cracking result. Thought we were brilliant today. Watson and Masson were terrific. Get in there. Bring on the bridies!
Harrington played really well at centre half I thought he had a brilliant game as well.All in all great result for us.COYM

Not many better things to do on a sunny Saturday afternoon except watch your team play well. I got into football in the 80s and Airdrie in their iconic shirts were part of the top league. 4-3-3 and an entirely merited win. Their number 7 started lively but, once we figured him out he disappeared. Ross Campbell is a smart forward and gave Airdrie’s tall and physical defenders a tough day. We went in 1-0 and could have been more. In the second half we scored a great goal - Chris Antoniazzi struck a great crossfield pass and Terry Masson took it in, twisted and turned and finished confidently. Airdrie had a decent defence and keeper but, their midfield were dominated by our trio and they didn’t create much. I really liked our defence today and thought that was Ryan Harrington’s best game - centre back looks to be his position. Our magnificent season marches on.

Nah mate,Yous beat a shit Airdrie team,I’m pointing out that Pro-IRA songs were blasting from the home dressing room
Can only beat what is put in front of you.Which song/songs was that?