things that are most disappointing

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It boils my blood when I see people taking pictures on their phone of statues, buildings or anything without taking a moment to either find out what it is, or enjoy it with their own eyes.

I take the view that anything worth being videod or photographed already has been and is. on the internet. Therefore if I visit somewhere or attend an event I watch or look at it live rather than through a phone. I had to tell her to put her phone down on a whale watching trip. The fùcking things were about a foot from the boat and she was watching them through a 4 inch screen.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Blockbuster superhero films

Looking at the cinema listings, only to find out that almost everything showing is a f***ing superhero film.

Eta:  out just now:  Avengers, Captain Marvel, Shazam!, Hellboy, Dumbo  

Capture.PNG.db5bd91395e25b726e4d732840a4028c.PNG

Dumbo's pretty much an X-Elephant.

Edited by Hedgecutter

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Looking at the cinema listings, only to find out that everything showing is a f***ing superhero film.

Capture.PNG.db5bd91395e25b726e4d732840a4028c.PNG

Dumbo's pretty much an X-Elephant.

I feel like there’s something wrong with me because I watch them and think they must be aimed at youngsters? How can adults like something like the avengers?

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Instagram has a lot to answer for in tourist shitbaggery. Folk were making wee cairns for a photo out of a neolithic archaeological site in Orkney ffs.

Do you mean these things?  Along the coast, there are millions of these things around Smoo Cave just now.  

f6e2fc965207c23f0d4d382f17086771--stacke

At least they're easy to kick over.

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Errr... who told you that I had a wife?  :unsure:

stream_img.jpg

Always suspected you were capable of murder but it's surprising to find out you're a lovely lady.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5941715/Daughter-63-admits-manslaughter-war-hero-father.html

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

I feel like there’s something wrong with me because I watch them and think they must be aimed at youngsters? How can adults like something like the avengers?

They are pretty easy switch off entertainment tbh. I don't mind the Marvel stuff.

I love batman stuff though. always have

Just now, tongue_tied_danny said:

The Christopher Reeves Superman films are fucking superb. The more recent ones are gash.

It’s possible you feel this way because you watched the Reeve films as a child, which would tend to support the point that superhero films’ current wild popularity amongst adults is mind-boggling.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

It’s possible you feel this way because you watched the Reeve films as a child, which would tend to support the point that superhero films’ current wild popularity amongst adults is mind-boggling.

Quite enjoy them in a mild way but there's so many of them I can't remember what ones I've seen to follow them in sequence. The first Guardians of the Galaxy was fun if that's included,