things that are most disappointing

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It boils my blood when I see people taking pictures on their phone of statues, buildings or anything without taking a moment to either find out what it is, or enjoy it with their own eyes.

I remember walking through Amritsar a few year back to get to the Golden Temple thingy.  One of the guys I was with had the phone out filming the whole walking experience but just randomly shoving his phone in all sorts of directions at breakneck speed.  Afterwards I asked him if his video was any good.  "Nah, it was shite, complete waste of time.  Too jerky". So not only had he missed out on just enjoying a stroll, he couldn't even look back on the experience.  Fucking muppet. 

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think my general issue are the ones who seem to treat foreign cities as an attraction that's been built for them, and so long as they paid their flight and accommodation, are free to enjoy it as they see fit as paying customers.

I've also lost count of the amount of tourist attractions I've been to where I've just felt that my enjoyment of it would've been infinitely better if they'd reduced the number of people they crammed in at one time by at least like 25%.

100% this.

Arguably the No.1 thing that really, really pisses me off abroad are those that leave those 'love padlocks' on city bridges.  There won't have been one in over 500 years of a bridge's existence, and then as soon as one moron adds one, the bridge is falling down within a year.

Let's go off to some land, effectively litter the place with some shitty little unsightly thing that the binmen can't remove and then f*** off back home only to reminisce for 5 secs once every two years.  C***s the lot of them.

france-love-locks-390x285.jpg

Eta:  actually, there is no 'arguably' about this.  It is indeed the leading example of tourist-related c**tery going.

Edited by Hedgecutter

100% this.
Arguably the No.1 thing that really, really pisses me off abroad are those that leave those 'love padlocks' on city bridges.  There won't have been one in over 500 years of a bridge's existence, and then as soon as one moron adds one, the bridge is falling down within a year.
Let's go off to some land, effectively litter the place with some shitty little unsightly thing that the binmen can't remove and then f*** off back home only to reminisce for 5 secs once every two years.  C***s the lot of them.
france-love-locks-390x285.jpg&key=816ac0a13e2c2409055aaa5cbd39715948b88957f9215561e8bc14ca336d622d

Eta:  actually, there is no 'arguably' about this.  It is indeed the leading example of tourist-related c**tery going.

I was in Balloch at the weekend and people are doing this on the bridge over the Leven. Shower of unimaginative arseholes.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Not been over for a while but the Forth Road Bridge has/had a section full of padlocks. 

^^^Not been over since he put his padlock on type post

Mrs B needs a new padlock on her chastity belt IMO. 

58 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Who puts a lock on a bridge, for fucks sake.

Is graffiting it with a marker pen too good for this generation? 

What's wrong with carving your initials and a loveheart into a tree using the knife that you happen to have with you when taking your girlfriend for a romantic walk in the woods.

6 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

What's wrong with carving your initials and a loveheart into a tree using the knife that you happen to have with you when taking your girlfriend for a romantic walk in the woods.

Im with Bobby on this. Magic marker all the way.

Have you ever tried carving a cock and balls onto a tree with a pen knife?

Its not fun, I can tell you. 

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Im with Bobby on this. Magic marker all the way.

Have you ever tried carving a cock and balls onto a tree with a pen knife?

Its not fun, I can tell you. 

This one's thought to be over 1800 years old

1-3.jpg

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

This one is from Pompeii, and is thought to have been a sign post leading the way to the brothel.
pompei7.jpg

Even if you were unfortunately blind, a toe slipped out of your sandal would tell you that you were headed in the correct direction for some jollies.