things that are most disappointing

When they kill a decent Movie/TV franchise-

Star Wars (Shite after TESB)
Star Trek (Shite after TNG)
DC Comics (Shite after the Christian Bale Batman)
Indiana Jones (Shite after TLC)

There are others.

The worst the Star Wars. What a heap of unbridled shite that turned into.

On 02/05/2019 at 13:06, Hedgecutter said:

Cheers.

Probably explains why Aberdeen also has a statue.  He came here once.

Robert-Burns-Statue-Aberdeen-Scotland.JP

There's also a unit named after Burns at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.

tenor.gif

There's a bin dedicated to him in Queen's Park, Glasgow, which I think is a nice touch.

On 02/05/2019 at 17:13, Cerberus said:

There are a load of European cities like that.
Here, come and seen our boring old buildings and squares and our terrible sewer system.

KHob.gif

2 minutes ago, A96 said:

The Women’s World Cup Wids thread on one of the other forums

Apparently its perfectly reasonable to oagle preety fans in the crowd (or just completely random women on the TV) but when you do it to women footballers in the World Cup, then folk on here remain very tentative. 

On 5/23/2019 at 09:34, Dele said:

Apparently its perfectly reasonable to oagle preety fans in the crowd (or just completely random women on the TV) but when you do it to women footballers in the World Cup, then folk on here remain very tentative. 

We're all still scarred from yon American goalie that, to quote someone on here, had a fanny that looked like it had been hit with a nuclear missile.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

I was pretty disappointed in Legoland Windsor.
We took the kids down at the beginning of April, and while it was OK, I was left feeling a bit, deflated.
Great from the point of view the wee fella could get on most of the rides, but it was just a bit, meh.
The hotel we stayed in, in Bracknell was excellent however. The Coppid Beech hotel, value for money wise it was second to none I've stayed in.

45 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

We took the kids down at the beginning of April, and while it was OK, I was left feeling a bit, deflated.
Great from the point of view the wee fella could get on most of the rides, but it was just a bit, meh.
The hotel we stayed in, in Bracknell was excellent however. The Coppid Beech hotel, value for money wise it was second to none I've stayed in.

You're probably a bit old for their target market.

8 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

you missed the challenge for parents there:

lego.jpg.516d41eddb739fbbd50f8b1f335ea6f0.jpg

I imagine that it's all plastic now but the wheels from 1970s Lego had metal axles and if you stood on one of those b*****ds- OOYAHCOONT! 

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

Had me a Mac Donald's Kansas city stack. Better re -naming it  the Dundee city stack it was that bland.

now I must disagree with you as Cox's Stack, seen here from Dundee Viole(n)t's ground, is a magnificent thing and 150 years old too. 

dv12.thumb.jpg.aa6ad61dbae52f873ea156ccef048eba.jpg

I had an Albama chicken burger the other week. It's meant to have smokey barbecue sauce on it but they put chilli sauce on it instead. Slightly piquant..