things that are most disappointing

2nd most disappointing country to visit must be India for me.  I didn't get sick, though the food was ok, but the overall experience was very poor.  Heard good things before I went also.  Travelled all over for 5 weeks, was meant to be 8 weeks but cut it short.  

1st was Australia, sorry, just meh.  Stayed there for 4 years when I was younger and at primary school.  Went back when I was travelling the world.  I didn't get on with the people very well...

As for @Stellaboz saying Bangkok, how very dare you.  The place is a shit hole, smells and is 3 times more expensive then where I live for everything, I totally agree.  Next time come stay with me..

On 20/04/2019 at 08:26, Tynierose said:

I forgot that you supported Rangers before defecting to Hibs.

Truly a repugnant individual.

I didn’t think Throbber supported anyone. Reminds me of the guy at school who didn’t like football but tagged along with it to have friends. 

On 20/04/2019 at 08:57, Tynierose said:

Oh that's a cracker.  I was initially thinking European with all those conflicts before moving over to Asia.

Would China count with all their conflicts or would they come under the auspices of all the ancient provinces? If not France.

I've recently finished reading Conn Iggueldons series on Genghis Khan, a very good read.

Also by the same author the War of the Rose's series is tremendous.

Haven’t read the War of the Rose series but his Julius Caesar and Ghengis/Kublai Khan books were very enjoyable. 

I didn’t think Throbber supported anyone. Reminds me of the guy at school who didn’t like football but tagged along with it to have friends. 

I am significantly less interested in football compared to 10 years ago, nowadays it’s mostly just an excuse for a few beers and a few hours out the house when I go to games and maybe 5’s twice a month.

Before I went to Paris, one friend told me that it was the most majestics city they had ever been to, while another told me it was a fetid, stinking dump.

After going, I decided they were both right. The beautiful bits are absolutely stunning, but it was properly filthy in many areas as well. Far more so than London. Getting to live of confit duck and good wine for a few days made up for it though.

Before I went to Paris, one friend told me that it was the most majestics city they had ever been to, while another told me it was a fetid, stinking dump.
After going, I decided they were both right. The beautiful bits are absolutely stunning, but it was properly filthy in many areas as well. Far more so than London. Getting to live of confit duck and good wine for a few days made up for it though.
This sums it up really. The touristy parts are absolutely stunning but you don't have to be far away from those areas to see some right shitey bits.

I'd say Bangkok but I didn't have high hopes before going. Same with Marrakesh, fucking hole full of swindlers.

Bangkok was exactly as i expected and as people had told me it would be, not sure why anyone would be disappointed with it as it’s well known for being a full on, in your face, obscenely hot, rat infested shite hole. The most disappointing part of my visit there was that I never got to see a ping pong show and spent much of my time there in the hotel room watching episodes of Jonathan Creek on the iPad as my girlfriend found the city too terrifying. I did eat a scorpion though which was nice.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Bangkok was exactly as i expected and as people had told me it would be, not sure why anyone would be disappointed with it as it’s well known for being a full on, in your face, obscenely hot, rat infested shite hole. The most disappointing part of my visit there was that I never got to see a ping pong show and spent much of my time there in the hotel room watching episodes of Jonathan Creek on the iPad as my girlfriend found the city too terrifying. I did eat a scorpion though which was nice.

Ping pong balls shooting from a blurt and a scorpion for tea. 

You’re quite the Judith Chalmers. 

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Was the scorpion inside your sausage supper or had it crawled into your bottle of Budweiser? 

Bangkok is an enormous shitehole on a monumental scale, absolutely outstanding place though.

It’s not as bad as Ho Chi Minh which was even more terrifying for poor mrs throbber.

I never even got to sexually violate any of the local women in either city, seems like a complete waste of time going there on reflection.

Crainlarich for me, fucking nothing there yet it gets a solid mention on every map of Scotland. Fucking told the mayor that his town was pish.

That’s more due to the fact you have five significant ways out of the place.