things that are most disappointing

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Nobody takes any of those countries seriously though, France is considered to be one of the great nations but when they got invaded by what turned out to be, a pretty average outfit in the Nazis they did nothing. I bet all you France enthusiasts are the first people to lambast the Rangers fans for letting their club die as well, at least the Rangers fans put on the occasional protest/made a banner or two to at least try and delay the inevitable.

f**k France.

imageproxy.png

A game of golf.  Start out with such high hopes, then feel like jumping off a bridge after about 8 holes.  By the end resolve reluctantly to carry on but never golf again.  Go back out tomorrow.
Who was it you claimed to have played with or caddied for? Mind in one of your fantasies on your previous banned account.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Kuro said:
A game of golf.  Start out with such high hopes, then feel like jumping off a bridge after about 8 holes.  By the end resolve reluctantly to carry on but never golf again.  Go back out tomorrow.

Who was it you claimed to have played with or caddied for? Mind in one of your fantasies on your previous banned account.

It was your mum actually

Paris is an outstanding city, although I did see a tramp take a shit on the metro and proceed to wipe his arse with a soggy newspaper. 

Echo what's said about Brussels, absolute shithole.   Got mugged by a some nice north African chaps, will not be back.

Edited by MONKMAN

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I'm sure it was Condoleezza Rice. 

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

"The British" I don't think the Norther Irish, Welsh or Scots are intrested in England's wars

the vast majority of the archers in the 'British' armies at Crecy, Poiitiers and Agincourt were welsh (sic); the longbow was a welsh weapon (aka robbie savage)

there's a credible school of though that the French armies willingly capitulated in the hope that the 'Brits'  would up sticks and f**k off home, thereby putting an end to the interminable singing cf the zulu at rorke's drift...

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Enough about Paris. I thought Brussels was a total shit hole...

Brussels is a strange city, the Grand Place/Town centre is idyllic, at night when all the buildings are lit up it is stunning, one of the most picturesque cities ive ever visited in that respect, five minutes in a taxi however....jesus fucking wept :unsure2: some of the worst ghettos you will ever see.

We stayed in the actual district called Anderlecht, not far from the football ground and it fucking reeked, every second shop was a kebab shop, my abiding memory of that part of Brussels will always be of boxes of black, rotting fruit sitting outside shops and locals, many clearly poverty stricken buying them for pennies.

On the subject of shite things in Paris:

Mus%C3%A9e_du_louvre_mona_lisa.jpg

Eta:  Probably most disappointing for that guy filming it on his camcorder though.  He must be expecting her to come alive or something.

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

On the subject of shite things in Paris:

Mus%C3%A9e_du_louvre_mona_lisa.jpg

It's shite but turn around 180 degrees, look on the opposite wall and you'll see the infinitely more impressive 'The Wedding Feast at Cana', by Paolo Veronese. 

Image result for wedding at cana louvre