Journalist killed in Derry riots

ICTChris

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

"An accident, also known as an unintentional act, is an undesirable, incidental, and an unplanned event "

Okay lets see, they didn't intend to hit her, they didn't desire to hit her, and they didn't plan to hit her.  So yeah definitely accidental.  They are culpable but its hardly murder.

The act of firing the gun wasn't unintentional, it was entirely intentional.

She's dead so it's certainly murder.

Just now, Kuro said:

"An accident, also known as an unintentional act, is an undesirable, incidental, and an unplanned event "

Okay lets see, they didn't intend to hit her, they didn't desire to hit her, and they didn't plan to hit her.  So yeah definitely accidental.  They are culpable but its hardly murder.

Again, you're sanitizing a deliberate act.  That the chap intended to fire a bullet was no accident whatsoever.  That he intended to kill someone is entirely consonant with both Saoradh's statement and with the history of the Republicans.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

A bird with dyed blue hair? 

Try again. the giant yellow and white thing.  What political purpose do you think would be served by shooting a journalist simply covering events?  You're displaying wilful ignorance.  Its a tragedy and an abhorent act, but simply dishonest to suggest there's any chance at all she was the intended target.  They're simply bad shots.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Again, you're sanitizing a deliberate act.  That the chap intended to fire a bullet was no accident whatsoever.  That he intended to kill someone is entirely consonant with both Saoradh's statement and with the history of the Republicans.

He didn't intend to kill her, that's kind of the point.

Just now, Kuro said:

Try again. the giant yellow and white thing.  What political purpose do you think would be served by shooting a journalist simply covering events?  You're displaying wilful ignorance.  Its a tragedy and an abhorent act, but simply dishonest to suggest there's any chance at all she was the intended target.  They're simply bad shots.

They gave a kid a gun to fire at a crowd of locals and press next to a police van and you're trying to defend it? What the f**k went wrong with you, you utter lunatic?

Just now, welshbairn said:

They gave a kid a gun to fire at a crowd of locals and press next to a police van and you're trying to defend it? What the f**k went wrong with you, you utter lunatic?

You'll need to point out where I defended it.  I simply stated the incontrovertible fact nobody aimed at her and she wasn't the intended target.  Her death was accidental.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

So that makes it all OK then? Get a grip. He is criminally responsible for her death and that means a lengthy jail sentence regardless of whether he intended to murder her.

Again, show me where I said that makes it okay....

He is, but he won't be charged with murder, for the reasons I've outlined.

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

Of course you don't. That's because you're a sociopath who lacks empathy and doesn't understand the difference between right and wrong.

Oh I see.  Thanks for clearing that up.  As soon as you quote where I said their actions were right...