Journalist killed in Derry riots

ICTChris

Of course, cause nobody ever missed what they were aiming at good point.

I think they did intend to hit her and mis-identified her as a police officer. From the cctv images her outfit from a distance looks like a bullet proof vest/police stab vest etc. That plus her proximity to a police car reinforces this. IMG_1569.jpg

Heres the image, from the back clearly a white hoody underneath a black jacket, from the front could be easily confused with a PSNI uniform at such a distance.

39 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think they did intend to hit her and mis-identified her as a police officer. From the cctv images her outfit from a distance looks like a bullet proof vest/police stab vest etc. That plus her proximity to a police car reinforces this. IMG_1569.jpg

Heres the image, from the back clearly a white hoody underneath a black jacket, from the front could be easily confused with a PSNI uniform at such a distance.

I think you're just making stuff up.

Not unsurprisingly the two catholic men charged for her murder are released despite DNA evidence now being available and this only happening in the last week but they can charge a soldier of a murder in Sunday Bloody Sunday  47 years ago despite a) no DNA evidence and b) because of the good friday agreement which meant that what ever happened then no longer applies. 

2 hours ago, pawpar said:

Not unsurprisingly the two catholic men charged for her murder are released despite DNA evidence now being available and this only happening in the last week but they can charge a soldier of a murder in Sunday Bloody Sunday  47 years ago despite a) no DNA evidence and b) because of the good friday agreement which meant that what ever happened then no longer applies. 

Thick Gammon Found.

Where is the 'DNA Evidence' you speak of linking the two? Yet to be found or profiled. 

As for Soldier F, the GFA does not stop everyone being prosecuted, it just holds a maximum of two years. However there is currently debate that if that only applies to 'terror' organisations. The evidence against him is pretty substantial given that the others could all be done still for perjury. The man is/was a psychopath.

Anyway f**k Soldier F and f**k whoever killed the poor girl. Hopefully they get the sentences they deserve.

Edited by gannonball

4 hours ago, pawpar said:

How do you know they're Roman Catholics? (I presume that's what you're driving at - all christians are catholics.) And they weren't charged.

The police always make swift arrests in cases like this and 99% of the time release them without charge fairly soon after.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48002636

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye mate im the one making stuff up here.

I'm quoting the asst chief constable of the PSNI in support of my views.  You're trying to convince us black looks like luminous yellow.

On 4/22/2019 at 09:46, Tibbermoresaint said:

So why did they aim at her?

Her death is so tragic but I don't think she was targeted as the initial report stated that she was hit by a stray bullet.

Her job was with a California based news site Mediagazer a trade publication covering the media industry so I can't see any differences between her and the gunmen, rather she was an onlooker.

However it remains a tragedy.

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Pep should be rebanned every time he's flushed, like back in the days when tubes kept coming back and being instantly emptied again. 

A classic derailer of threads who adds nothing except generating attention to himself. 

Of course if people just ignored him...

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Her job was with a California based news site Mediagazer a trade publication covering the media industry so I can't see any differences between her and the gunmen, rather she was an onlooker.

She was living in Derry with her fiance, having moved from Belfast to join her. Her online editing job is irrelevant. She was standing in a crowd of locals and press people and was shot dead by on all accounts a midget or a child who was handed the gun and bullets by a grown up. The difference between her and the gunmen and those behind them is fucking immense. I know that wasn't your meaning but thought it worth clarifying it.