Last Lanarkshire Derby? Accies v ‘Well

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

1-1 Ogkmpoe for Accies.

Defensive howler from Motherwell

Good to see we have eradicated the self inflicted wounds after the Rangers game - NOT

Perhaps a gift to our near neighbours in their efforts to avoid the drop. 

Annoying but looking at stats pages from BBC seems Accies has as many if not more chances over the course of the game.  So a draw the fair result ?

Good to see we have eradicated the self inflicted wounds after the Rangers game - NOT
Perhaps a gift to our near neighbours in their efforts to avoid the drop. 
Annoying but looking at stats pages from BBC seems Accies has as many if not more chances over the course of the game.  So a draw the fair result ?

Motherwell didn't force Woods into any saves of mention but were certainly better team in 1st half.

Accies better in 2nd half but didn't really look like scoring until the gift wrapped one we got.
Well shit themselves a bit after we scored but if we'd nicked it it would have been a stolen 3 points.

Considering the circumstances at Almondvale I'll take being 2 points ahead instead of just 1.

What a weird game.
Motherwell looked like a team with nothing to play for for the entirety of the game, but were still much, much better for 85 mins. The front two were awful, the shape changed a lot*, Kilgallon's passing was oddly horrendous and he and Gordon caused their own problems opposed to great play from Motherwell. For large parts of the game, it was just Turnbull and Gorrin looking classy while everyone else watched.
The double change gave the chaos factor of Ogkmpoe but Oakley offered nothing. The former ran around annoying defenders, and I don't think anyone actually expected him to convert his goal.
I'm not sure if it was because there was a bit more pressure on their backline, but Motherwell were making the exact same mistakes as they did in the Rangers game. It was almost as if they were bored and wanted a game.
Lewis Smith looked good when he came on and I expect stick for this... but I thought Imrie was quite good. Can see why Martin got MotM as he looked decent when Rice moved him deeper, in order to drive from deep, in the second half.

*Right, I think it started as a lopsided 4-4-2 with Andreu having a free role from the right, then he changed it to a 4-2-3-1 before the break with McMillan wide and Andreu in the hole. This didn't fucking last though. Rice reverted back to the diamond in the second half but with Imrie really wide on the left, Martin the deepest midfielder and MacKinnon on the right.

Accies looked about ten million times better when Oakley and Ogboe came on for their darts player and raffle winner.

Good of grimshaw to guarantee another two trips to Equis for me in 2019/20. Good lad.

That felt like a pre season friendly. The first half was a stroll in the park for us and we created nothing in the second half as we got complacent. I thought Accies’ Captain should have received a second yellow. Meh

We started on the front foot, unlike the St Mirren game, then Well gradually took control and we were probably lucky to only be one behind. I can see why he wanted to give McMillan his chance and we don't see how he performs in training. He had three shots on target but two of them were poor, rushed efforts. Oggy and Oakley were much better and should start next week. Also starting should be Lewis Smith, who looks very promising.

Crowd was 2,746 which is 1,097 down from New Year. Accies not giving the split on Twitter but I reckon 1200/1500. Great away numbers but still plenty of empty seats. Think that might be the lowest ever derby crowd, on a fantastic warm, sunny day.

Motherwell turned up in holiday mode.

controlled the game for 80mins.

Fucked it up and shat it, almost lost it all.

anything else is fantasy.

Fair play to old man Imrie. I thought he did well in his 1st start since we beat St Johnstone months ago. Felt a draw was a fair result on the balance of play and chances, although felt like Motherwell could up a gear if they wanted to. Agree with whoever said MacKinnon was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow. Wise decision taking him off and young Lewis Smith did well as his replacement. Big Oggy deserved his goal, made a big difference when he came on. MacMillan clearly not good enough at this level.

Things I learned today:

• James Scott isn't ready for first team football.
  • David Turnbull is better at football than literally everybody.
  • We need a striker. Desperately.
  • Gboly's run of form continues. 
  • Grimshaw is a bit of a liability at times. 

Basically in the summer we need to put Scott on loan, get in a load of new strikers and a left back so we can put Tait back to where he belongs. 

Also wunderkind himself I don't think actually touched the ball when he came on.

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Things I learned today:

Basically in the summer we need to put Scott on loan, get in a load of new strikers and a left back so we can put Tait back to where he belongs. 

Also wunderkind himself I don't think actually touched the ball when he came on.

Headed it out once

Robinson refers to the weather in the BBC report which seems a bit surprising. I'm away- was it particularly breezy or are people from south of the river more naturally adapted to sunnier conditions (I grew up in Hamilton and burned last week when it was 9 degrees which suggests that explanation might be pish)?

14 hours ago, ggr said:

McMillan is a terrible player.  St Johnstone can have him back any time they want.  

Why Oakley was dropped for him is anyone guess. 

Tbf we chucked him out on loan when the alternatives were Tony Watt, who had 1 goal that point, Kane who had 0 goals, and Hendry who'd just returned from a loan at fucking Brechin with 0 goals.

I’d probably be more inclined to watch the highlights if they were just all of David Turnbull’s touches. Some of his passing and vision is just bloody lovely.

There was one half volleyed pass over his shoulder out to Tait that was frankly outrageous that he even saw it never mind executed it.

Much as I like the split - games like yesterday are the curse of a team that tends to be mid-table. It had the feel of a meaningless game which is understandable from us I suppose but I expected Accies to get stuck in way more than they did. 

The positives were (a) it was a nice day and (b) the spell between our goal and half time where Turnball and Gorrin were passing it about for fun - when you think about the amount of "football" we played between July and December, it was good to watch. 

When it stayed at one and we didn't look like adding to it in the 2nd half, I feared a minor kick in the baws and that's what we got - crazy mistake and leads on from a lot of poor defending of late (not just the Rangers game).

Given that from a supporters perspective, none of the remaining games for 'Well are exactly un-missable - I would like to see Robinson persist with the young team (sans Hastie) until the end of the season - a few miles on the clock will benefit them for next season, even those that need a loan like Scott..

21 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Things I learned today:

Bit harsh on Sammon tbh.

Archived