Last Lanarkshire Derby? Accies v ‘Well

Saturday 1500 @ HopeCBD Stadium. Motherwell only playing for best of the rest and local bragging rights. Hamilton fighting for their lives but are horrendously shite.

Think this will be similar to the recent derby and a thumping for the accies. I’d bite your hand off for a draw, but St mirren and Dundee have winnable games.

26 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Saturday 1500 @ HopeCBD Stadium. Motherwell only playing for best of the rest and local bragging rights. Hamilton fighting for their lives but are horrendously shite.

Think this will be similar to the recent derby and a thumping for the accies. I’d bite your hand off for a draw, but St mirren and Dundee have winnable games.

Ffs,have some faith in your team.

A draw wouldn't surprise me but as our neighbours don't have much to play for,then a greater intensity  from us may yield a win.

If Hamilton try and play football I think we’ll sneak it 2-1. It they make it a battle then I think they’ve got a chance of sneaking it. Gboly is due a good game so hopefully he steps up.

Has it been announced if there’s a pay at the gate option for away fans yet?

I honestly don't have much ill will towards Accies, I just despise going to NDP.  I often wonder if the football is THAT bad every week. Genuinely feel bad for season ticket holders if so.

I don't know if it solely the surface, the tactics, the amateur infrastructure or the stadium  but it is genuinely an unpleasant place to watch football.

I wonder if relegation would be a good thing for crowd numbers in the long term. Many gave Canning as the reason for staying away but from what I have seen recently there has been very few numbers coming back. Maybe a season down would help bring fans back.

With this being said we will likely lose as we have hee haw to play for.

I'm always a bit nervous when the tension goes out of the season - we're as liable to produce a stinker as we are to stroll about taking advantage of a team that are trying too hard and are nervous. The feeling that we're going to lose at NDP (as we inevitably did up until recently) has completely disappeared though and we've got every chance of getting three points here - I actually thought our shape and performance last time in Hamilton was the forerunner to our good form even though it was before the County debacle.

I tend not to bother mentioning the plastic surface anymore because I think if there ever was a handicap, it's going/gone now - players under 25 have been brought up on the stuff and our young boys fresh out the youth teams will have played more on plastic than they have on grass - it's becoming a non-issue. It's a bit like the generational shift between goalkeepers who were around before the backpass rule who were hilariously shite with the ball at their feet and the ones that grew up with it where it was just part of the game.

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
We've played Motherwell many times in the same situation, and been rode every time.
We are due a win, hopefully.

In what way are you due a win? Have you been the significantly better team in any of those games but still lost?

No. It's a thing football fans say to try sound optomistic...

Can definitely see Accies winning here.

The interest from our POV is who plays and who doesn't given the number of bodies we've got heading out of contract with no real sign of them re-signing and a general shrug about which of them actually stay.

I'd happily see us fill up the bench with some of the younger players like Semple and though he's Leeds-bound I'd get McKinstry involved as well.

Gillespie
Tait Aldred Dunne Livingstone
Campbell Gorrin Turnbull
Hastie Scott Ariyibi

Subs: Semple, Ferguson, Cadden, McHugh, McKinstry, Hartley, Grimshaw