It's getting hot in here!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49472600
So 1400 kids suffer cos of 1 14 year old toerag
What is the correct punishment ?   Slap on the wrist and £50 fine for mummy, or Life Imprisonment minimum 50 years 
Back in the day I'd have been delighted, just back from holidays and off again. Not convinced that e-learning would work for most families though.

It’s bewildering how little the powers to be care about the state of the planet. Our planet is dying on its arse and they don’t care. I can’t get my head around it. It’s almost as if they want the planet to collapse environmentally. I like many others care what’s going on around the world, but I often can’t help but feel what is the point when you see what’s happening here.

13 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

The G7 countries have pledged less for tackling the ongoing disaster current happening in the Amazon, than Sheffield United paid for Oli Mcburnie.

Pay arsonists footballers wages...

54 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s bewildering how little the powers to be care about the state of the planet. Our planet is dying on its arse and they don’t care. I can’t get my head around it. It’s almost as if they want the planet to collapse environmentally. I like many others care what’s going on around the world, but I often can’t help but feel what is the point when you see what’s happening here.

I totally agree. It's almost as if they've looked at the forecasts for when life will actually be unsustainable, and thought, "I'll be dead by then, so why worry?"

The really scary thing is that they're condemning their own descendants to the same hell as the rest of us. No amount of money is going to protect you from what's coming.

ETA: What is absolutely maddening is that while we, the masses,  tinker aroiund the edges - paper straws, recycling, etc.* - when almost three-quarters of the emissions in the last thirty years have been the responsibility of 100 coroporations.

* No criticism of anyone who, like myself, has made more than a few lifestyle changes - but really, we could all go totally off-grid vegan and the planet is still going to die.

Earth is suffering from a virus called Mankind, and is currently  running a fever in an attempt to cure itself. Earth will endure. Mankind? Not so sure.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Andrew Yang is the only political guy I think is speaking truthfully about this stuff.  Everyone else is going on about how we've got until 2030 to fix things but there's so much humming and hawing over what we're actually going to do, Yang realises that we have virtually no chance of reversing this given the attitudes shown around the world towards it. Hence, he thinks the USA need to just start moving people to higher ground and accept that places on the coast will be under water soon enough. It's scary, but extremely honest and I think that's what we need now.

I agree with him. Does anyone here really have any confidence that we'll make a full switch to clean energy by 2030? Do we really think we can hit these targets that keep getting mentioned? I genuinely don't.

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Andrew Yang is the only political guy I think is speaking truthfully about this stuff.  Everyone else is going on about how we've got until 2030 to fix things but there's so much humming and hawing over what we're actually going to do, Yang realises that we have virtually no chance of reversing this given the attitudes shown around the world towards it. Hence, he thinks the USA need to just start moving people to higher ground and accept that places on the coast will be under water soon enough. It's scary, but extremely honest and I think that's what we need now.

I agree with him. Does anyone here really have any confidence that we'll make a full switch to clean energy by 2030? Do we really think we can hit these targets that keep getting mentioned? I genuinely don't.

Of course we can't. Look at erstwhile PM Tweeza, endlessy banging on about how her crew had set these wonderful targets, while markedly silent on reporting actual achievements. We've got to the stage where the likes of the campaigns on straws and carrier bags are useful distractions for the masses while our "superiors" continue to insulate themselves as far as possible from the effects of their actions.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Have we ever hit any of these targets?

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Of course we can't. Look at erstwhile PM Tweeza, endlessy banging on about how her crew had set these wonderful targets, while markedly silent on reporting actual achievements. We've got to the stage where the likes of the campaigns on straws and carrier bags are useful distractions for the masses while our "superiors" continue to insulate themselves as far as possible from the effects of their actions.

If they have been insulating themselves with a bit of luck they'll have been boiled alive these last few days.

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 26/08/2019 at 18:10, superbigal said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49472600

So 1400 kids suffer cos of 1 14 year old toerag

What is the correct punishment ?   Slap on the wrist and £50 fine for mummy, or Life Imprisonment minimum 50 years 

No punishment needed remember SNP and Sturgeon want to raise the age of criminal responsibility so if this had happened a few years into the future he would not have committed any crime.

The G7 countries have pledged less for tackling the ongoing disaster current happening in the Amazon, than Sheffield United paid for Oli Mcburnie.
Wheres all the fucking LOOK AT ME!!!! donations like the Notre Dame ones? Thats what I want to know

Space mirrors.

No punishment needed remember SNP and Sturgeon want to raise the age of criminal responsibility so if this had happened a few years into the future he would not have committed any crime.
Where would you put the age of criminal responsibility when you'd be considered in the same way as an adult?