It's getting hot in here!

PS: If you needed any further evidence that the boundary between legitimate, demonstrable research dissemination and hack political advocacy is blurred by the Ultras of the climate change debate, look no further than the direct cross-pollination coming from the pandemic itself:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/20/head-of-independent-sage-to-launch-international-climate-change-group

It's probably too much to hope for but instead of concentrating on writing headlines journalists should be absolutely challenging the PM candidates on climate change and what measures they'll bring to the role. Failing that, ask Johnson for some words of advice. Should be worth a laugh.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Well and truly over on the Ayrshire coast. Pouring, sky like coal and temp dropped about 10c !!!

That's the Thunder & Lightning started with the torrential rain !!

A comprehensive L for 'model-based science' (at 12 hours' time distance) once again, as a definitive band of rain now batters the pavements of the Clyde Riviera as well.

Mainly dry and hot on Tuesday. Isolated showers.

Today:
Mainly dry and hot with some spells of sunshine, areas of high cloud throughout the day which may bring a shower. Rain developing across Tiree and Mull in the afternoon. 

Uncomfortably roasting in the borders.  Can't ever recall having that *Stepping off a plane* 'fuckin hell it's hot' feeling over here but i felt it when i opened the door this morning. Great day for having a washing out though, which the mainstream media won't tell you 😡😡🇬🇧 #COYI

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I want some thunder and lightning.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, fire some thunder and lightning over here too! I love that sort of stuff

wont-somebody-please-think-about-the-dogs.jpg.dcf94d690d18927e1cd77624ffe8c876.jpg

58 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Inverness is overcast and humid with no breeze and this is keeping the heat, its oppressive. 

The humidity is killer with me.  I'm currently doing the same 8 mile walk I did yesterday evening, and whilst I didn't break a sweat last night, my shirt is absolutely wringing just two miles in today. 

Was going to swing past the golf club for a pint, but I look like a jakey mess. 😔

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

wont-somebody-please-think-about-the-dogs.jpg.dcf94d690d18927e1cd77624ffe8c876.jpg

The dugs need to choose their enemy, their wee paws get burnt on the road the now or they get scared with thunder. Can't have it both ways.

Conningby in Lincolnshire sets the UK record

The previous was 38.7C so I think that is 1.6C hotter. That is pretty intense. (edited small chance of a 17:00 temperature beating that one)

Edited. 

At least 29 observation sites across England have provisionally broken the previous all time maximum UK record of 38.7 °C this afternoon

A temperature record is usually set where a local station has a freaking combination of local weather factors that mean it is a few tenths of a degree warmer than the other and sets the record. That this heat wave had so many sites above that record shows this is a pretty serious outlier in terms of the over all heat in the country. Combine with Coningsby utterly smashing the previous record with the number of sites breaking that record show this really was a freakish event.  

Edited by dorlomin

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

When these fires happen near the A9, no one bats an eyelid.

When they happen in our public parks and roadside verges because councils can't be arsed managing the land then there is a problem.

Right now there countless areas that have been neglected by the council, grass not being cut, weeds growing out of gutters and pavements.

Is there a point paying taxes?

Are you pretending to be a blue nose again?