It's getting hot in here!

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The argument is that whilst the overwhelming majority of climate change is natural, man-made effects account for around 5%, and it's this 5% which is enough to push the climate out of balance. I understand that argument and it's persuasive. Unfortunately they can't provide a smoking gun (as they had to do with the ozone layer) so there is always room for doubt.

This would perhaps be more believable had the climate not been much, much colder (and much, much warmer) than it is now, throughout the history of the Earth.

Ultimately, the climate will do as it likes, and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Whether or not we are able to slow it down or speed it up by a small margin is really neither here nor there as, without being able to actually control the climate (because we can't), it doesn't actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

The more sensible course of action is to accept this and invest and prepare for the climate warming rather than pissing into the wind trying to prevent the inevitable.

Met Office now claiming that Wales has “provisionally” broken its record, by 0.1 of a degree. This previous record was set in 1990. 

So 2 very hot days at the height of summer, 32 years apart. How terrifying. 

Must have been the “hole in the Ozone layer” causing it back then and then everyone getting new fridges and changing their deodorant has held back the tide.

I see we've switched gear smoothly from claiming there will be no records broken today and the Met Office have embarrassed themselves by predicting it straight to the fact that there has been a record broken today is irrelevent and the Met Office have embarrassed themselves by pointing it out.

5 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

I see we've switched gear smoothly from claiming there will be no records broken today and the Met Office have embarrassed themselves by predicting it straight to the fact that there has been a record broken today is irrelevent and the Met Office have embarrassed themselves by pointing it out.

The ridicule that I saw was placed at the Met Office A - confidently predicting 40°C and B - rolling out a red warning for what has essentially amounted to what was previously called a very nice day, not too dissimilar to what many people go on holiday to sit about in and manage just fine.

The hyperbole leading up to today was embarassing, knicker-wetting nonsense.

Covid experts were rightly lampooned for their ridiculous doom-mongering predictions - this today is no different.

Edited by Todd_is_God

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Prove it.

And until you can, maybe you should cut out phrases like "absolutely bollocks".

I can't do proof because it's science and not maths. Here is some evidence in support of my contention. 

https://ec.europa.eu/clima/climate-change/causes-climate-change_en

https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/basics-of-climate-change/

Now over to you for support for your absolutely bollocks 5% anthropogenic claim. James Dellingpole's twitter is not  allowed. 

6 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

I think we went from there will be no 40 degrees as predicted to posting an image of the Met Office claiming 95% certainty or records being broken in England and Wales to a “provisional” breaking of a record in Wales by a massive 0.1 of a degree. 

Do try to keep up.

2 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

Who'd have thought weather warnings would become part of the culture wars, the Sun must be very confused about which side they're meant to be on.

lcimg-e76fd847-5bc9-4cd4-a306-84e9d7243a