It's getting hot in here!

12 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Although downvoting rather than giving a counter-argument in response suggests a reflexive triggering.

It suggests that I can visit an internet message board and use a red or green circle to indicate whether I agree or disagree with a post's content (a feature included to facilitate this), nothing more.

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It suggests that I can visit an internet message board and use a red or green circle to indicate whether I agree or disagree with a post's content (a feature included to facilitate this), nothing more.

Nobody is telling you that you can't use the downvote function, Todd. You're not being oppressed here. If you don't have a counter-argument to the video then we can assume your disagreement came from a reflexive emotional response and therefore we can dismiss it.

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Disagreeing with something doesn't mean i'm triggered.

As for the bit in bold, the absolute bodying the boys on P&B gave our so-called experts on their covid strategy would suggest I'm perfectly capable of doing just that.

:lol:

Trees are cool. 

10 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

“The absolute loyalty that most of our political class has for neoliberal capitalist ideology has allowed a new breed of climate change denier to ride to power. These politicians who are often progressive don’t deny that climate change is happening or that it’s even man-made but the solutions that they propose for solving climate change are limited to mild efforts to reduce fossil fuel use in conjunction with market solutions. These solutions are, of course, not really solutions but are designed to create the illusion that we’re dealing with the global climate catastrophe while making sure that no solution poses any threat to the capitalist system as it stands. Essentially, it places the science which shows that we just can’t pursue endless growth like we’re doing now secondary to neoliberal capitalist ideology”.

China is communist and is the world's worst polluter.

Nobody is telling you that you can't use the downvote function, Todd. You're not being oppressed here. If you don't have a counter-argument to the video then we can assume your disagreement came from a reflexive emotional response and therefore we can dismiss it.
You could assume, but assumption is the mother of all f**k ups.

Another explaination is that they didn't agree with the post but didn't want to engage with the sort of person who takes red dots as an opportunity to publicly challenge someone to an argument.

39 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Another explaination is that they didn't agree with the post but didn't want to engage with the sort of person who takes red dots as an opportunity to publicly challenge someone to an argument.

Deary dear, what a shite interjection. Ok...

Red dots are engagement. This isn't public arguing, nobody knows who anybody is. I post stuff not as pronouncements but as suggestions, ones which normally I myself am not even sure on. I'm happy to be corrected by folk who know better. If disagreement is registered by a red dot but not explained then I'll ask why in case I can learn something.

Edited by FreedomFarter

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

China is communist and is the world's worst polluter.

Indeed. I don't think the guy in the video is advocating Chinese communism as a solution, though. He talks about degrowth (which can happen under capitalism) and he is specifically bemoaning the current neoliberal model of capitalism. Neoliberalism being state intervention to maintain market competition. If national governments keep that as their priority focus - maintaining markets - then that's a problem because its these same national governments we need to be taking the action on climate change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...