It's getting hot in here!

A nice big Dengue virus outbreak, earlier and larger than what is considered normal, that said difficult to compare to previous years during Covid because of the obvious precautions in place. That said if countries that don't normally get the virus start to see the mosquitoes then their populations might be in trouble. 

Climate change in action trying to kill us off.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/06/asia/health-dengue-singapore-emergency-climate-heat-intl-hnk/index.html

A nice big Dengue virus outbreak, earlier and larger than what is considered normal, that said difficult to compare to previous years during Covid because of the obvious precautions in place. That said if countries that don't normally get the virus start to see the mosquitoes then their populations might be in trouble. 
Climate change in action trying to kill us off.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/06/asia/health-dengue-singapore-emergency-climate-heat-intl-hnk/index.html

If Scotland ends up with mosquitoes somehow I’ll just top myself there and then, f**k that.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

If Scotland ends up with mosquitoes somehow I’ll just top myself there and then, f**k that.

I think midges would win in a flight between them and mosquitoes so we will be fine.

I think midges would win in a flight between them and mosquitoes so we will be fine.

Not too sure. Maybe in numbers, but there’s a terror factor with mosquitoes and their larger size, along with disease spreading potential. Already have a fear of invading giant hornets, so this news of mosquitoes is just terrifying.

We have mosquitoes here. Been absolutely bitten to f**k from them many years ago. I counted 35 bites on one ankle! They can penetrate jeans too.
Fortunately they don't carry nasty diseases though.

We have mosquitoes here. Been absolutely bitten to f**k from them many years ago. I counted 35 bites on one ankle! They can penetrate jeans too.
Fortunately they don't carry nasty diseases though.

What? Where? And when?

“The absolute loyalty that most of our political class has for neoliberal capitalist ideology has allowed a new breed of climate change denier to ride to power. These politicians who are often progressive don’t deny that climate change is happening or that it’s even man-made but the solutions that they propose for solving climate change are limited to mild efforts to reduce fossil fuel use in conjunction with market solutions. These solutions are, of course, not really solutions but are designed to create the illusion that we’re dealing with the global climate catastrophe while making sure that no solution poses any threat to the capitalist system as it stands. Essentially, it places the science which shows that we just can’t pursue endless growth like we’re doing now secondary to neoliberal capitalist ideology”.

Edited by FreedomFarter

@Todd_is_God That triggered you, aye? You felt an immediate discomfort over your worldview being challenged, so just shut it down. You should instead look to engage with new ideas to always test the soundness of your current framing.

12 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

@Todd_is_God That triggered you, aye? You felt an immediate discomfort over your worldview being challenged, so just shut it down. You should instead look to engage with new ideas to always test the soundness of your current framing.

Disagreeing with something doesn't mean i'm triggered.

As for the bit in bold, the absolute bodying the boys on P&B gave our so-called experts on their covid strategy would suggest I'm perfectly capable of doing just that.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

As for the bit in bold, the absolute bodying the boys on P&B gave our so-called experts on their covid strategy would suggest I'm perfectly capable of doing just that.

Does this 'bodying' include the part where you claimed Covid was over as a public health crisis in August 2020?

4 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

Does this 'bodying' include the part where you claimed Covid was over as a public health crisis in August 2020?

It was an overall assessment which, given your cherrypicking of one solitary, almost 2 years old example, you obviously can't really refute.

Thanks for confirming.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Sure. Although downvoting rather than giving a counter-argument in response suggests a reflexive triggering.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The current government of USA are the main targets being criticised in that video. While they're not experts on climate change, they certainly claim far more authority on the topic than the video maker, who is just a pleb like us here on P&B. So you've switched sides.