It's getting hot in here!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I see in the news today that Scotland could be the first country to completely ban one use wet wipes.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ban-toxic-plastic-wet-wipes-26279184

Scotland's papers: Court system under strain and Covid legal bill - Windobi

Do you think that single use wet wipes should be banned in Scotland?

Do you use wet wipes instead of toilet paper?

Do you think that this forum has too many wet wipes?

Have you ever killed or maimed someone with a wet wipe?

@Granny Danger£5.00 off at Dobbies.

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I see in the news today that Scotland could be the first country to completely ban one use wet wipes.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ban-toxic-plastic-wet-wipes-26279184

Mon you. We all know the correct protocol here is to tag @Scary Bear

32 minutes ago, Snafu said:

More Scottish government interference in our lives. f**k off and leave us alone

On 20/02/2022 at 11:40, Wile E Coyote said:

More Scottish government interference in our lives. f**k off and leave us alone

Scottish Water (therefore the taxpayer, therefor you) pay £7m a year to try and get rid of wet wipes.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for those of us who like to have nothing I'm common with dear old Nigel.

He has now taken to screaming into the abyss about having a referendum on something that was a manifesto commitment, which he probably voted for just 3 short years ago.

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Good news for those of us who like to have nothing I'm common with dear old Nigel.

He has now taken to screaming into the abyss about having a referendum on something that was a manifesto commitment, which he probably voted for just 3 short years ago.

The thing is, he'll lie his way through it by saying something like a vote for 'No to Net Zero' will drive energy prices way back down to prior prices. And people will fall for his shite.

I might just be that I've woken up in a foul mood but I genuinely hope Nigel Farage dies some time soon. An absolute poison on this country and those who enable him are worse (and they can f**k off and die too). 
All to often, the silent enablers (voters) of c***s like him and any tory get off scot free.

They are just as bad.

• 1 month later...

Struggle to understand why Madley has been brought back after his unbelievable Rape as a weapon of war comments. But against he comes across as a total p***k in this interview.

• 5 weeks later...

https://news.sky.com/story/climate-activists-who-deflate-car-tyres-reveal-plan-to-target-thousands-more-suv-drivers-and-wont-stop-even-if-they-cause-accidents-12609403?fbclid=IwAR2FEkiikKo-t5XSZJ5S-jtFHTzxt7gnviblpyuMEP6exYbzvh82uTaB_pU

Edinburgh is one of the cities that’s been struck by the “Tyre Extinguishers”

As you can imagine, the comments section is full of seething Brits saying stuff like “cut their benefits and see how they like it” or “they should go and fight in Ukraine.” Lol wot.

Good on the Tyre Extinguishers. Absolutely no need whatsoever to own a 4x4 if you live in a city and don’t need to go off road/regularly haul goods. It’s simply a status symbol.

Any of our P&B members from Edinburgh been targeted by the Tyre Extinguishers?

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

https://news.sky.com/story/climate-activists-who-deflate-car-tyres-reveal-plan-to-target-thousands-more-suv-drivers-and-wont-stop-even-if-they-cause-accidents-12609403?fbclid=IwAR2FEkiikKo-t5XSZJ5S-jtFHTzxt7gnviblpyuMEP6exYbzvh82uTaB_pU

Edinburgh is one of the cities that’s been struck by the “Tyre Extinguishers”

As you can imagine, the comments section is full of seething Brits saying stuff like “cut their benefits and see how they like it” or “they should go and fight in Ukraine.” Lol wot.

Good on the Tyre Extinguishers. Absolutely no need whatsoever to own a 4x4 if you live in a city and don’t need to go off road/regularly haul goods. It’s simply a status symbol.

Any of our P&B members from Edinburgh been targeted by the Tyre Extinguishers?

I think it's an effective campaign, people that "want to be high up" should sit in the front row of the top deck of a bus.

Not sure "4x4" or "SUV" is really a reasonable target all told. Seems pretty arbitrary to me.

My car is 2wd unless you use the diff lock, and had a fairly modest engine with reasonable MPG. It probably falls under "SUV" though.

It's significantly better for the environment than a Golf GTI or an Audi S3 etc etc.

Not going to catch me kicking off about protests that inconvenience me etc. But if I was to catch someone fucking about with my car, and the same largely goes for any personal property, I dont think I would react well.

That said, I'm sure these folks know that and are carrying on with it for the high publicity impact side of it.

Crack on, but don't be too surprised if you get battered, is probably where I am here.