It's getting hot in here!

Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this so starting off P&Bs's official Global warming thread. I was down in London visiting my friend and we spent the day with the Climate protestors across London and I disagree with their techniques by deliberately getting arrested they put massive strains on our criminal justice system when they would be far more effective moving back into Male Arch and allowing the traffic back on to Waterloo Bridge. However their aims are ones that resinate with me and really we do need to get serious on our emissions because within 12 years we will be too late and we will be killing humans off. We need a plan on climate change that's worked on and signed off by the 3 main parties in the UK, Labour Tories and the SNP with input from the other political parties to drive this in a very short time frame, I think the UK should be climate neutral by 2020 and stop all trade with non compliant countries (most notably the United States). This is going to be THE social issue of our generation so what are your thoughts - this goes far beyond our political system which the protestors in London are obviously trying to alter but will need a change in the way we live our lives hence I thought this was the place for discussion rather than the bespoke Politics forum - Any way this is the short video we made in London and I think it sums it up quite nicely.

What do you do for work?

Someone younger than him has an alternate opinion so it’s a brainwashed millennial, should have rolled out the snowflake patter and doubled down...auld p***k.
Second time I’ve heard about the opinion of Jeremy Corbyn’s brother...Jeremy Corbyn met the lassy and agreed to continue the discussion and has taken her opinion on board, yet we get his brother (who has no influential position) take on it?

Guest Moomintroll

I do love the misguided notion that whatever we do in the UK will actually be able to make a single difference to climate change, manmade or not, versus what is happening elsewhere in the world. As long as Chinas gonna China we are fucked, no amount of trust fund middle class swampy wannabees will ever change that.

50 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I do love the misguided notion that whatever we do in the UK will actually be able to make a single difference to climate change, manmade or not, versus what is happening elsewhere in the world. As long as Chinas gonna China we are fucked, no amount of trust fund middle class swampy wannabees will ever change that.

Yes it will. There were a hell of a lot of 50+ people at the protest. If we make radical changes we can pressure our allies to do the same and as part of the largest trading block in the world we can use that as politcal leaverage for China to clean up it's act. They are at the fore front of electric vehicles albeit still a huge polluter

Guest Moomintroll
Yes it will. There were a hell of a lot of 50+ people at the protest. If we make radical changes we can pressure our allies to do the same and as part of the largest trading block in the world we can use that as politcal leaverage for China to clean up it's act. They are at the fore front of electric vehicles albeit still a huge polluter
Politically speaking China do not give a flying f**k about anyone else, visit the country and witness the pollution first hand (Full disclosure, I haven't but my wife has & she was in utter despair as at the time she was working for a renewable energy company). I wish we, as an entire planet, would wake up to what we are doing but it is not going to happen. Fictional as it is, Thanos had the right idea, we cannot exist here with the population density we have right now.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Politically speaking China do not give a flying f**k about anyone else, visit the country and witness the pollution first hand (Full disclosure, I haven't but my wife has & she was in utter despair as at the time she was working for a renewable energy company). I wish we, as an entire planet, would wake up to what we are doing but it is not going to happen. Fictional as it is, Thanos had the right idea, we cannot exist here with the population density we have right now.

Considering they have signed up to the Paris agreement that's a start but if they fail in their commitments then all other countries signed up should cut all ties with them, leaving them the ability to trade with USA and Palestine. I agree our population is difficult to sustain at the level we have just now without effecting the climate however I don't believe the world should have a 1 child policy but I think that altering our diets and attitudes to farming and shopping is something that the Westerners in particular have to look at.

Guest Moomintroll
Considering they have signed up to the Paris agreement that's a start but if they fail in their commitments then all other countries signed up should cut all ties with them, leaving them the ability to trade with USA and Palestine. I agree our population is difficult to sustain at the level we have just now without effecting the climate however I don't believe the world should have a 1 child policy but I think that altering our diets and attitudes to farming and shopping is something that the Westerners in particular have to look at.
Totally agree with you.What China says and what it actually does are, unfortunately 2 very different things.

Guest Moomintroll
They will not give a wallop about commitments as they have paid for, and own pretty much all the infrastructure & ports in East Africa & all non oilrich places in between hither & twither.

Guest Moomintroll
Not to mention their ever tightening grip on the Malacca Straits.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The number of complete arseholes who have taken to twitter to have a go at Greta Thunberg is astonishing. You had some Katie Hopkins wannabe c**t hoping she would get bullied and have a meltdown on TV (lovely considering Thunberg has aspergers), and others demanding that someone takes her on in a debate to "bring her down a peg a or two".  Folk were asking why her views hadn't been challenged yet, the simple answer is because her views are backed by science and the opposing view is backed by nothing other than capitalist greed.

8 hours ago, NJ2 said:

^^^ journalist imo

Guess again, I'll give you three guesses

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I like Adam101. He’s like a Partick fan without the bus fare so ended up being lumbered with the Pars. He’s too good for us and deserves a transfer to a bigger team. 

Thanks, I might get a transfer to Dunfermline circa 1961 that would be nice. I came up with the phrase Vegan Ally so yeah I'm a little bit Patrick Thistle and I was at a wine tasting last night. 

f**k I'm close to full Thistle

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Guess again, I'll give you three guesses

Thanks, I might get a transfer to Dunfermline circa 1961 that would be nice. I came up with the phrase Vegan Ally so yeah I'm a little bit Patrick Thistle and I was at a wine tasting last night. 

f**k I'm close to full Thistle

Screenshot_20190425-195028__01.jpg

Just now, Dindeleux said:

I searched for #calnshep and found a tweet from a Karina (wid) back in 2014 saying "Adam you are such a fucking loser".

To be fair she's not far off the mark. I did love doing CalnShep however not sure the Climate Change thread is the thread to discuss me and my pals alternative football commentary

3 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

To be fair she's not far off the mark. I did love doing CalnShep however not sure the Climate Change thread is the thread to discuss me and my pals alternative football commentary

So are you going to share your twitter handle or no?

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

So are you going to share your twitter handle or no?

It's utter drivel @scottish_shep or follow the blog I have tried to write @fitbawblog 

10 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I searched for #calnshep and found a tweet from a Karina (wid) back in 2014 saying "Adam you are such a fucking loser".

Forgot to add I'm going to the pub with Karina next week I'll pass on your regards