Can Rangers end Celtic's domination?

1 hour ago, DurrantsKneeIsJelly said:

Finally, and most importantly, a good PR guy. Ranjurs really need to drop this infantile

They are full of toxicity at the moment and until they become a friendly, all encompassing, SNP...loving team,

IMO though, they should try to become a hipster club like Thistle.

Excellent.  Here's me thinking that when diddies talk about Rangers they lose their mind.  Thanks for providing a touch of tongue in cheek humour.

15 hours ago, DurrantsKneeIsJelly said:

f**k sake, what a waste of a thread when there’s other threads to cover this pish. Like you said, Dave King would say anything to get what he wants, in fact he said anything just to get a hold of the club in the first place. He’s like a shit postman, never delivers but seems to be the only person with any sort of money who wants to run the club as the distinct lack of interested parties (and I mean serious parties, not charlatans like Chuckie) failed to emerge. For Ranjurs to be dominant it would take a number of things.

A proper, coherent business plan, not just one that lives on a month to month basis.

Serious investment.

Celtic to become so shit that the dominance would be up for grabs.

A culture change.

Finally, and most importantly, a good PR guy. Ranjurs really need to drop this infantile blame game that they seem to enjoy, endorsed by King too. I feel that serious investors look at Ranjurs then get to the part where they see some of the statements and act so of defiance from the board and think “nah, let’s no bother”. Some would call this pish but I go back to the Miller takeover bid where the fans told him to GTF. They are full of toxicity at the moment and until they become a friendly, all encompassing, SNP and Catholic loving team, they’ll go nowhere. It’s this attitude that has perpetuated the belly laughs that everyone has been having and to be serious, have left the club looking like a sad joke.

IMO though, they should try to become a hipster club like Thistle.

Good post.  The problem with the parts in bold of course, is the fans would never allow it.  They need instant success.  They need 'big money signings' straight away.  A coherent business plan wouldn't allow that.

As for the culture change, well that's never happening.

It must be very harrowing for Rangers fans knowing they went head to head in the 90's and 00's with Celtic, sharing 99% of the trophies available, but Celtic were paying their taxes and still able to match them in terms of player quality and titles/cups.

On 23/04/2019 at 12:41, Ken Fitlike said:

F41E8B47-68EC-4E81-B03D-9DBF609E2520-521-000000D686D5FCFB.jpg

Hearts Exit from Admistration certificate. Perhaps you can show us the Rangers one........

Aye, Mr but that is simply the company who runs the club. There's a difference. Trying phoning or contacting either the SFA or the SPFL. Or if you prefer talk to someone who works in the legal profession. I will even give you the description of where I heard the gentleman describe objectively that Rangers did not die and their history does in fact still stand. Go to the You Tube app on your device, go to the magnifying glass symbol which allows you to perform a search, type: Celtic fan lawyer radio phone in and search. Of the results that come up search for the thumbnail picture of a big black book that says "LAW" on the side. If you click on this, I think the guy's name is Michael and he is obviously a Celtic fan but is also a lawyer and he tries to explain how it is, as much as it pains him that Rangers haven't actually died or indeed lost any of their history. I believe that it is something that is quite complicated and difficult for people, even those who work in the legal profession to try and understand because of the intricate nature of it. It will have been the same for Hearts and Dunfermline. But from what this guy was saying, the simplified version is that the company who runs a club is not really the same thing as the club itself which it would seem is actually a separate entity in the eyes of the law.

A YouTube clip of a radio phone in you say? Well that's got me convinced. The fact Old Rangers still existed at the same time as New Rangers, that New Rangers started the following season in the first round of the League Cup and Challenge Cup and that Rangers had to be admitted to Division Three rather than being relegated can all be ignored because YouTube says so.

52 minutes ago, Rangerswatcher121072 said:

Aye, Mr but that is simply the company who runs the club. There's a difference. Trying phoning or contacting either the SFA or the SPFL. Or if you prefer talk to someone who works in the legal profession. I will even give you the description of where I heard the gentleman describe objectively that Rangers did not die and their history does in fact still stand. Go to the You Tube app on your device, go to the magnifying glass symbol which allows you to perform a search, type: Celtic fan lawyer radio phone in and search. Of the results that come up search for the thumbnail picture of a big black book that says "LAW" on the side. If you click on this, I think the guy's name is Michael and he is obviously a Celtic fan but is also a lawyer and he tries to explain how it is, as much as it pains him that Rangers haven't actually died or indeed lost any of their history. I believe that it is something that is quite complicated and difficult for people, even those who work in the legal profession to try and understand because of the intricate nature of it. It will have been the same for Hearts and Dunfermline. But from what this guy was saying, the simplified version is that the company who runs a club is not really the same thing as the club itself which it would seem is actually a separate entity in the eyes of the law.

Why did Rangers (the club, the entity the players play for and the fans support) have to re-apply to join the SFL?

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Why did Rangers (the club, the entity the players play for and the fans support) have to re-apply to join the SFL?

Also when new Rangers were being voted into the 3rd division as a new entity, old Rangers got a vote.  One club voting to admit the other.  

1 hour ago, Rangerswatcher121072 said:

Raging.

Screenshot_20190404-150851_Twitter.jpg

Did the supporters pay their money to the club or the company? Were the players paid by the club or the company?

Rangers died mate.

And we are laughing at you.

Anyway.... agree BRALT for this pish...

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Also when new Rangers were being voted into the 3rd division as a new entity, old Rangers got a vote.  One club voting to admit the other.  

The old Rangers still had the Premiership membership when'Rangers' played Berwick in the League Cup.There were 2 ''clubs' or 2 companies?! Only the SFA could pass this.  Of course it was associate membership they were given. Odd for a club that apparently never disappeared.  Biggest fraud in Scottish sport.

Deserve all the contempt they get. 

5 hours ago, Rangerswatcher121072 said:

The joke about this claim is that it implys a club doesn't exist in any real way.  If a company didn't own the club and the club isn't the company then the club still exists? When the sun finally gobbles up the Earth, Rangers 'club' would still exist cos only the company has been annihilated for ever? Utter garbage.  

The current Airdrie are now allowed to call themselves 'Airdrie' as the old club has been.... liquidated.  Gone. For ever.