Icey Tea v DUFC

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What formation are we playing?

Started with safranko out wide but put him through the middle 15 minutes in and played 442 until we took Clark off and went to 4231. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NEFarab said:

Started with safranko out wide but put him through the middle 15 minutes in and played 442 until we took Clark off and went to 4231. 

Cheers.  Not sure why Neilson Cant just go 4-4-2 now it’s obvious that it works.

Great result.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Cheers.  Not sure why Neilson Cant just go 4-4-2 now it’s obvious that it works.

Great result.

Genuinely a great performance today. 

Play like that and we have every chance of heading up. 

Somehow I feel we won’t but I’m gonna enjoy tonight and not just because of our result. :lol:

2 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Genuinely a great performance today. 

Play like that and we have every chance of heading up. 

Somehow I feel we won’t but I’m gonna enjoy tonight and not just because of our result. :lol:

Yeah I was going to ask if the score was a reflection of the performance; glad to hear it was.

Beating ICT in Inverness today, and showing Ayr that we can beat them as we did last week is very important with the playoffs on the horizon.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I was going to ask if the score was a reflection of the performance; glad to hear it was.

Beating ICT in Inverness today, and showing Ayr that we can beat them as we did last week is very important with the playoffs on the horizon.

Don't worry.

We'll get our own back in the playoffs.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Don't worry.

We'll get our own back in the playoffs.

You have to get past Ayr first.

Hopefully two blood and guts ties with multiple injuries and suspensions.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You have to get past Ayr first.

Hopefully two blood and guts ties with multiple injuries and suspensions.

We will go into those games off the back of 5 straight defeats.  Will be an absolute skoosh for ICT. 

If McMullan has handled it for the second then that's a bit shit as that'll be twice he's cheated to get a goal against us in the last couple of games. That said it was seriously naive of us not to play to the whistle and basically allow the guy to scamper across the penalty area before scoring.

We didn't really deserve anything from the game in fairness. A long range Walsh effort, a White header and another effort from Walsh probably should have seen us on the score sheet by half time but Safrankos well taken goal and another header off the bar could well have had United two goals to the good before United's second.

When Robbo took off Doran, Walsh and Polworth it was clear we had given up today. A really bizarre moment when MacDonald skipped clear of the United defence and cut a shot / cross across the face of goal which Austin watched go wide without really making any effort to get on the end of it. He then raced over to berate MacDonald for not passing it to him which was bang out of order given his lack of effort in trying to get to the ball in the first place and led to a loud chorus of boos from the North Stand directed his way although the constant abuse which followed was over the top. 

Time to rest a few players I think now that we have the playoffs secured. Chalmers and Trafford were really poor today and the attacking three who were subbed off were nowhere near as good as they have been this season. McCart did really well though and was probably my MotM for ICT.

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

2 hours ago, RiG said:

If McMullan has handled it for the second then that's a bit shit as that'll be twice he's cheated to get a goal against us in the last couple of games. That said it was seriously naive of us not to play to the whistle and basically allow the guy to scamper across the penalty area before scoring.

We didn't really deserve anything from the game in fairness. A long range Walsh effort, a White header and another effort from Walsh probably should have seen us on the score sheet by half time but Safrankos well taken goal and another header off the bar could well have had United two goals to the good before United's second.

When Robbo took off Doran, Walsh and Polworth it was clear we had given up today. A really bizarre moment when MacDonald skipped clear of the United defence and cut a shot / cross across the face of goal which Austin watched go wide without really making any effort to get on the end of it. He then raced over to berate MacDonald for not passing it to him which was bang out of order given his lack of effort in trying to get to the ball in the first place and led to a loud chorus of boos from the North Stand directed his way although the constant abuse which followed was over the top. 

Time to rest a few players I think now that we have the playoffs secured. Chalmers and Trafford were really poor today and the attacking three who were subbed off were nowhere near as good as they have been this season. McCart did really well though and was probably my MotM for ICT.

Good and fair post.

As for the handball.  Sometimes you get these decisions and it works out for you......

meakins-handball_3277988b.jpg

Oh yeah I don't disagree with that at all. As I say if McMullan does handball it then it sucks but we stopped playing and made it much easier for him. Also, in the last few days we've been lording it up over a handball from a few years ago so we can't get all high and mighty about one against us from yesterday. Swings and roundabouts.

5 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I think even the official United twitter noted it was a handball :lol:

It would not surprise me if we are on the other side of a decision like this in the playoffs.

I think even the official United twitter noted it was a handball :lol:

I absolutely was a handball but the reality is it didn’t make any difference. We were never getting back into that game even if it was still 1-0.

Probably worked out better for us and we then got to take Polworth and Doran off to give them a bit of a rest.

I’m away to check in f the highlights are up on ArabZone and if so I’m going to watch them.

ETA highlights not up yet but the goals are; Pav’s is a thing of beauty.

BTW I wonder if the ICT management will deal with the steward who can clearly be seen ignoring a guy lighting a cigarette during McMullan’s goal celebration.

Archived