Ryan Fraser

MickeyPaul

1 minute ago, charger29 said:

Sorry, I said Cameroon won the 5 day rule case before but they didn't. Liverpool just didn't play him and wanted to wait on the FIFA ruling.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171026170218/http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/51/56/07/transfer_commentary_06_en_1843.pdf

Page 91, Calling up players:

"Once a player has been called up to play for his national team, he basically has to comply with this summons. Should he wish not to be called up for a certain match or matches or for a certain period of time, he must inform the association of which he is a national, in writing, of his intention before being called up. Furthermore, only the player himself is entitled to renounce representing his national team. This declaration shall be submitted by the player to the association concerned in writing."

Fair enough.  Though as I said I think if it got to that stage with a player we'd be as well binning them anyway.

You'd think it'd be that simple but management are presumably fearful of losing a player completely if they take a hardline stance.

I don't know if I'm just imagining it or just more aware as it's Scotland, but this seems to affect us more than other countries.

Yeah I get that but our games in March are our most important in a long time. I wouldn’t be allowing the genuinely big clubs to be dictating to us, never mind diddies like Bournemouth.

The clubs cannot dictate whether or not player plays two games in the international break.
The national management team must have the balls to tell club managers to GTF.

Absolutely they can. They are employees of the club, not the SFA, and if the club doesn’t want them to play two games, that’s exactly what will happen.

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Absolutely they can. They are employees of the club, not the SFA, and if the club doesn’t want them to play two games, that’s exactly what will happen.

Nah that's not the case.  The club can request that, they have absolutely zero power whatsoever to enforce it, and no recourse if it happens against their will.  Do you think that happens with England players?

On 23/11/2019 at 22:45, Placida Domingo said:

Exactly, I would love the Scotland manager if he had a conversation say with Eddie Howe who said 'Ryan can't play two games this week so only use him once' to then go and play him 90 minutes in both games.

And then Fraser is dropped for Bournemouth because they dont want him playing too many games due to his injury problems.

Do you think Fraser cares more about playing a game for Scotland, or losing his place at Bournemouth? 

He shows form for Bournemouth, he gets linked to the biggest clubs in that country, what happens if he plays well for Scotland?

Nations have no power anymore, this idea that they force a player to play and suddenly every club will be cowering is just complete fantasy.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And then Fraser is dropped for Bournemouth because they dont want him playing too many games due to his injury problems.

Do you think Fraser cares more about playing a game for Scotland, or losing his place at Bournemouth? 

He shows form for Bournemouth, he gets linked to the biggest clubs in that country, what happens if he plays well for Scotland?

Nations have no power anymore, this idea that they force a player to play and suddenly every club will be cowering is just complete fantasy.

Injury problems?  He's been playing every week for three years.  The idea that a team would drop their best player because they played for Scotland is fantasy.  I never suggested any club would be cowering, simply that there's nothing they can do to stop us using him as we see fit when he's with Scotland.

On 25/11/2019 at 11:39, RandomGuy. said:

Yup.  People might not like it, but it's how football is nowadays.  International football is a sideshow, and even absolute no-mark clubs can easily tell national teams to piss off, such is their power in the game.

Interesting that Josh King has no problem playing every single Norway game without such instructions bestowed upon him. Callum Wilson is also free to join up with his England buddies. It's clear now that this is actually just one massive conspiracy to keep Scotland out of major tournaments, and Eddie Howe is the ring leader. The fucking c**t.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Totally disagree, the lad has shown a tremendous attitude since joining the club, he has obviously been promised a big move once the window opens, and doesn’t want to jeopardise it by getting injured or catching COVID, honestly can’t say I blame the lad and good luck to him.

On 20/06/2020 at 19:00, John Lambies Doos said:

So which of the arse cheeks will he be going to?

Ryan Fraser is on about £27k a week at Bournemouth. Evertons average wage is about £80k a week, as he is going on a free he will expect to get at least that. The old firm can't afford him.

On 19/06/2020 at 13:50, BB_Bino said:

Totally disagree, the lad has shown a tremendous attitude since joining the club, he has obviously been promised a big move once the window opens, and doesn’t want to jeopardise it by getting injured or catching COVID, honestly can’t say I blame the lad and good luck to him.

you on the wind up aye?