Ryan Fraser

MickeyPaul

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

A pre-contract can quite clearly be withdrawn. Condescending tones not required...

The difference is that with a pre-contract, the player is still under employment with their existing club, so they wouldn’t have the right to down tools.

In this, very different, scenario Fraser has finished his employment with Bournemouth and was asked to sign a temporary 4 week contract. He decided against doing so which is well within his right to do so as he felt he could get better paid, and longer term, employment elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Unsurprisingly, after a poor season in terms of goals and assists, Arsenal have lost interest in him. A better attitude could have attracted offers from top clubs. 

Why would the last 4 weeks of Frasers performance over-ride the previous 7 years of excellent graft and quality he's given them?

It'll be clear as day to any club looking to sign Fraser that he was protecting his career in these last couple of months. Lets say Palace sign him and give him a 4 year deal, this current scenario Fraser is in isn't going to rear its head until the end of that 4 years (if at all), at which point Fraser would be 30 years old and they might want to move him on anyway.

I'm not convinced Arsenal were ever seriously interested either, so I'm not sure why folk keep saying this "hasn't worked out" when he's looking likely to stay in the Premier League on a higher wage than he had at Bournemouth.

Why is it always the players who are expected to show loyalty? Clubs will release players every week for all sort of reasons to suit themselves why should a player think any differently? 

I don't think Arsenal aren't signing him because of "attitude" I reckon arsenal aren't signing him as he isn't good enough for their team on the money he is likely to be asking for. 

On 06/08/2020 at 14:55, craigkillie said:

He didn't have to sign an extension for the games in June, because his contract ran until the end of June. The club refused to pick him despite him being under contract, and ended up being relegated by a point.

In Bournemouth's situation, you're looking for guys who are going to give it everything.  A player not willing to sign up for the last month even at £20k a week isn't that guy. I'd rather have eleven grafters on the park than ten, plus a guy kacking himself that he might get injured.

Guest DAVIDB69
In Bournemouth's situation, you're looking for guys who are going to give it everything.  A player not willing to sign up for the last month even at £20k a week isn't that guy. I'd rather have eleven grafters on the park than ten, plus a guy kacking himself that he might get injured.

I feel his stance is what will cost him a transfer to a decent club.

Noticed brooks stuck it out and is being linked with the bigger and better clubs.

On 10/08/2020 at 18:53, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Nah that's pish.  His bad season last season did that, Brooks had a good one.

Not really. Brooks missed nearly the whole season through injury, he only came back after the restart and played less than ten games.

5 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Not really. Brooks missed nearly the whole season through injury, he only came back after the restart and played less than ten games.

Regardless its f**k all to do with his attitude to playing the last few weeks of the season given Brooks isn't even out of contract so had no choice in the matter making it a completely uncomparable situation.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:
You do realise that Ritchie has family reasons for not playing for Scotland, much as Snodgrass does?

Genuinely didn't know this, what are the reasons as both have obviously played for Scotland previously

Snodgrass’s mother had a stroke.  Ritchie, as is his right, didn’t go public with it.  I think he decided to stay out of the picture when Clarke took over, but his initial withdrawal was that.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Snodgrass’s mother had a stroke.  Ritchie, as is his right, didn’t go public with it.  I think he decided to stay out of the picture when Clarke took over, but his initial withdrawal was that.

Nah yer erse.  Darren Fletcher nearly fucking died and would have crawled over broken glass to sit on the bench for Scotland away to Estonia.  If you want it you can make it happen.  Robert Snodgrass is worth about forty million.  He can easily get the best help money can possibly buy for his mum.